Republican Debate 09/05/07

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Smokin', Sep 6, 2007.

1. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Yeah, a Clinton/Obama ticket would be unstoppable. I'm an independent, socially liberal but otherwise conservative. I think Obama isn't as "left" as a lot of people think. From what I've seen, he is capable of telling his own supporters that they're wrong. He is also not a Bush-hater or Republican-hater. He'll bring the country back together in some ways. Foreign countries won't be able to demonize him as much either.

Hilary actually would send Republicans to concentration camps if she could though.

2. thespinydogfish

thespinydogfish New Member

I read that article as well. Very compelling and very frightening. Giuliani's governing style makes Bush's look positively balanced and open. I find him to be frightening at the least.

3. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

clinton's acceptance is to me a total enigma. we all know of the screaming minority that HATE bush. but there is a silent majority that LOATHE hillary. if you ask people one-on-one (rep, dem, lib, con, etc etc), a lot of them simply dont like her for a variety of reasons.

but the only question is, will that carry over into the private voting booth? i think yes, but i really dont know.

and oh yea, all the candidates suck because it requires millions of dollars to even be taken seriously now - let alone a top tier candidate. and with all that money comes influences and kickbacks, so that candidates appear to not be actual people but robotic professional candidates that spew talking points incessantly. just look at the youtube debates if you think i am wrong.

democracy? no. aristocracy? looking like it.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if EITHER Obama or Clinton make the Dem ticket, you can guarantee ANY Republican will win by a HUGE margin.

Note to Spinydogfish: Go to the wizard [Pettyfog] and ask him to help you with your avatar!

5. Lyle

Lyle New Member

I disagree. I think Obama wins. Hillary might could win as well. People despise the Republican Party right now. You might see fewer Republicans go out and vote. Obama won't be so left-of-center come a general campaign.

... and if the Republicans were to win, it definitely will not be by a "huge" margin. Bush has never even won by a huge margin.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

back to the debate theme.

Interesting that Univision's bi-lingual Democratic presidential candidate debate drew all the top suspects, but when they offered the same situation to the Republicans, the only person who replied "si" was Old Straight Talk John.

It appears that the Republicans have stopped the pretense of inclusion in fear that if any of them are seen on television talking to hispanics it might make them look "soft on immigration."

7. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

I saw this to and thought it was just straight crazy. Whats the hang up?? Are you not serious about catering to this audience? Both Dubya and Carl Rove are well aware that with out at least a large portion of the Hispanic demographic the Republican party is as good as dead. Props to McCaine for accepting the invite but I can't belive the rest of these dopes. It says a lot in my opinion.

8. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Sorry, Don, but even a resurrected Ronald Reagon couldn't get the GOP to win HUGE in the next election, no matter the competition.; Iraq is still too much of an easy target.

This is not to say that the GOP have no chance to win, but if the election were to be a landslide, it would be the Dem candidate winning, not the GOP one. The GOP has done nothing to fix the issues that resulted in them losing both houses of congress last year.

I don't really like any of the candidates, so I'll be voting for the lesser of two evils, whomever they happen to be.

9. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

I'm just chiming in because I'd like to remind everyone that a black man and/or a woman has never been elected... call me a cynic... but I find it hard pressed to have them both elected on the same day.

I'm more a sexist that a racist and I'm no sexist at all.

10. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Heh... look what happened to Condi Rice when she was named S o S. You wont find the hate and vitriol coming from ALL sides.

Let's face it, Hillary is a harridan and a shrew behind the scenes, and an easy target for charges of corruption on the stage of politics.

Obama is simply a neophyte and his naming of Breszinski as foreign policy/NSA advisor is VERY troubling.

11. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

I think the worst thing we can do in terms of foriegn policy is have another Neophyte come in and have his run at it... GWB is my example... the policy he ran on wasnt what we got... what ever his motivations, 9/11 being one of them, this policy was flipped on its head. Politcal pressures will be high on all sides if OB is elected... and i dont think he's YET got the savvy to stave it off and make the right decision.

Hillary is still being followed by all sorts of corruption.

12. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Now THAT is a point of view I can get behind. The disheartening thing is that the two leading camps are bringing on pre-failed senior advisors.

Breszinski {Obama, from Carter and largely the architect of his amazingly stupid foreign policy} should be teaching his idiocy in some academic backwater where he can do the least damage.

Sandy Berger {Clinton}, who copped a plea to keep his infamy on document stealing as low key as possible and stay out of prison, is simply a lightweight. What's NEXT.. Janet Reno for Supreme Court?

I wish Condi would run.