Relegation scraps

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by SteveM19, Apr 5, 2010.

1. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I noticed that the usual 38 point threshhold is going to be overshooting the mark considerably this year, it may be as low as 34 or even 32 points, which would be the lowest since the Prem went from 22 team to 20 in 1995. I honestly think that the only positions open for speculation are Worst Spam, Hull, and Burnley, they are all awful teams, as opposed to bad teams like Wigan, Bolton, and Wolves. On the bottom, well, Portsmouth... we know how that movie will end.

The Claret And Blue Poo -- 28 points
    v Sunderland
    @ Liverpool
    v Wigan
    @ Fulham (man, I want this one)
    v Manchester City

Jozy and the clowns -- 27 points
    v Burnley
    @ Birmingham City
    v Villa
    v Sunderland
    @ Wigan
    v Liverpool

Burnley -- 24 points
    @ Hull
    @ Sunderland
    v Liverpool
    @ Birmingham City
    v Spurs

I see 2 points max for Scam, they can't defend, can't score, and can't get anything together. Sorry Zola, 30 points for you all.

Hull to take all three against Burnley this weekend, and they will bget a total of 5, says I, for 32 points.

Burnley better watch some videos of us when we were in the same position 2 years ago. Brian Laws, you are getting very sleeeeeeepy -- follow the Fulham, you will get 12 of 15 points on the run out. They are the team of the three I would like to see get out of it, and I am sure they would be the consensus pick of everyone on the board. Sadly they may get 2 points, and that is being generous. 26 points total.

So, West Ham would take the place of Newcastle as the team that is relegated I would least miss, and may their impending exile be long and inglorious. So long Burnley, it was nice knowing you.

Thoughts?

2. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Cheats escape, Burnley and Hull go down with Pompey. I'm in your perceived concensus as far as what I'd like to see happen.

3. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Burnley has quite a history, so it would be nice to see them spend more than one season back.

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Burnley seem like they are further back than just 4 points. Any chance of them staying up is getting the 3 at Hull.

Spam played quite well at Everton (except for our own Spector who had a part in both Toffee goals). They will beat Wigan and wouldn't be surprised if the beat Jekll/Hyde Sunderland this week. Wouldn't it be justice if Tevez and Citeh looking for 4th place send them down in the final game?

Hull has the easiest run-in, but they could lose any of their home matches (except for Burnley).

Hard to choose between Hull and Spam (don't think Burnley have a chance). I looked on a Spam messageboard and except for a couple of kooks the overwhelming majority of fans (I say 95% of the 60+ posts I read) are embarrassed that the club filed a complaint. I want Hull to go down simply for Jimmy to eat crow (Roy's comment about Bullard going for money only was priceless).

5. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

I'm rooting for Hull to stay up.

1. No more Brown and I don't mind Dowie

2. If they stay up, they buy Jozy and he won't have the lose half a season earning a start for his new team.

In pure footballing terms, I think Dowie learned this weekend that he has to start Jozy and with Hunt coming back from injury, they have enough firepower and the easiest run-in. I'm actually salivating at the chance to watch Jozy go up against that Burnley back-line.

6. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Not looking like there will be any great escapes this year. Burnley must win tomorrow v Liverpool to have any shot. Hull and Pompey are relegated. I know Hull technically aren't, but they're not making up 20+ gd in 2 matches.

Big Club Bullard misses the penalty that sends them down. I couldn't have written that one any better.

7. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Get out! I didn't know that -- I was out and about all morning.

That brings a malicious smile to my face.

8. sullytex

sullytex Member

Oh. I don't feel all that malicious against senor bullard. The cat was trying to extract as much money out of the system as he could. If I had his knees, actually mine are a bit dodgy, I might do the same.

But have to admit that I was not all that broken up that he missed that pen. Hope the money was worth it.

I hope for a holiday home in galveston whereas he is likely looking at some venue in the carribean. ;)

9. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

I didn't have issue with him leaving, it's how he went about it.

Sully, why do you want to buy a crackhouse?

10. sullytex

sullytex Member

Hilarious Fulhamag! I was just kidding (although what you say is sad but somewhat true). If I want a decent weekend home, I will look towards Austin/San Antonio in reality.

11. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

So, no relegation issues in the Prem.

There's a good one in the Championship -- Palace versus Wednesday for the final spot, at Hillsborough. Palace in 21st place with 48 points, and Wednesday in the last relegation position, 22nd, at 46 points. Wednesday needs a win, squeaky bum time indeed.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

go Wednesday!

Sorry ChiTom; it's the Frank Simek connection.

13. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Well... how about that. I'm not gonna defer to Don on a footy issue.

I gotta go with Palace. Root for the underdog with the oddest issues..
    and a really weird AWAY record, to boot.
    - when that happens, you need some renovation to the home ground, at the least.

And is it REALLY fair to hope a poor team beats out one penalized ten points?

* on that subject why dont they asterisk tables? Took me fifteen minutes to remember.

14. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Hull fans let Jimmy have it to the point of him getting pulled at halftime. He was such an ASS when he left FFC (could have been honest/humble and most Fulham fans wouldn't have a problem) that karma came back and bit him. Wanting Jimmy to go down superceded any malice towards Spam. Furthermore, Jozy learned some valuable lessons (let's hope he'll learn from them).

Plymouth going down to League 1 breaks my daughter's step-grandad's heart (he's coming back to the states in two weeks, and it will be topic 1).

Sheffield Wed. v Crystal Palace. Apparently Palace had a potential season saving goal cleared off the line late on against WBA. I pull for Frankie to regain his pre-injury form (sadly, he'll probably never be the same), but how much a can Palace fans take? It would be cruel and unusual punishment to play well enough to be comfortably safe, get docked 10 points, and get relegated on the last day. Let's go Eagles.

15. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Another vote for Palace here. Wednesday is a big club, certainly big enough to be in the Prem, and they consistently squander their resources and talent all the time. Plus, after last year's FA Cup tie, something about their fans was pretty off-putting to me. I feel for fans of clubs that land in administration (may it never happen here), and hope they at least can avoid the drop. I say they will, with a 1-1 draw.

16. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

On the off chance that anyone here is interested, ESPN3 (on their website, it used to be ESPN 360) has the Palace Wednesday match live at 0800.