Relegation and Promotion

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by SoCalJoe, Sep 27, 2011.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

How the tides can turn and millions of pounds lost in a matter of moments. Bolton blows a 2-0 lead (WBA tied in stoppage time). QPHa was mired in a 0-0 stalemate and gets a 90th minute goal themselves. Villa draws w/Spurs and now are safe on GD. Bolton can now only stay up with a win at Stoke + QPR losing or drawing at Citeh OR Wigan losing it's last 2 matches.

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Well it's down to Bolton and Qpr for the final relegation spot.

3. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Come on you, Trotters!!! And I can't believe I just typed that given the hoof, punch your defender, head down tactics for which they used to be known....I guess Owen Coyle is the reason ( I like him) and Muamba.

4. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Let's see, Wolverhampton, Blackburn.....and who else?

5. SoCalJoe

The Spammers throttle Cardiff to get to the Playoff final. Fat Sam looks like he's going to have the last laugh over the ownership at Blackburn. Speaking of which, one word describes the situation around Ewood Park; Poison. Venky's has been a total disaster as owners. Keeping Steve Kean around this season was beyond stupid. I felt for our former Assistant coach who if fired after last season (when he should of been) might have been given another shot somewhere else. Unless Venky's change their ways the Rovers won't be bouncing back up anytime soon.

Pulling for Bolton, but can't see them getting more than a draw at Stoke, which would of been good enough if they hadn't pissed away a 2 goal lead last week. Still I would imagine Coyle telling the team that it's still in their hands (Citeh won't be denied the title against QPR).

6. SoCalJoe

Ian Holloway has got Blackpool to Wembley for the Promotion Final. 2-2 draw at the Brummies puts them thru on aggregate 3-2. In typical Tangerine fashion they went up 2-0 and instead of closing up shop pressed for a third and let Birmingham back in it. Holloway was a breath of fresh air last season and the polar opposite of Fat Sam. Logic says the Cheats will win, but the heart is pulling for Blackpool to pull off the shocker.

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

C'mon Blackpool!!!!!

8. SoCalJoe

Have only seen Stoke's first goal once, but it looked like horrible no-call. Didn't think it was legal to crash the GK after he has two hands on it, but I guess it was today. Feel bad for Bolton on the call, but blowing a 2 goal lead last week was the killer. Tim Ream apparently had a great header saved in extra time.

9. jumpkutz

Yeah, I thought once the keeper had both paws on the ball, that was it. Guess not. Too bad for Wanderers, I guess. Oh, well, no more Owen Coyle shorts on the touchline in January, at least not in the PL.

Should be interesting at Wembley next weekend, but I doubt it'll match today for sheer drama. What a finish!

10. SoCalJoe

Spam v Blackpool being televised on FSC at 10 AM EST. Come on Blackpool!!!!!

11. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Please Blackpool!!!!

12. jumpkutz

:text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1:

13. jumpkutz

First things first....Elvis is on Palladia right now! Second, it's 1-nil porkers at Wembley. I'm too cheap to subscribe to FSC or even FS Midwest to watch the Cardinals, so I've got the ipod cranking on the match. Come on Seasiders!

14. SoCalJoe

:angry-cussingblack: Blackpool had their chances dammit, and to not to deal with that slow rolling cross in the 87th...ouch. Then the Tangerine looked to have a tap in and dude couldn't get his foot to it. Fat Sam and his ugly, but effective football is back in the top flight. The Cheats aren't the normal 3rd qualifier, the Prem just got alot tougher.

15. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Agreed. :sad-roulette:

Blackpool certainly had their chances to win the game, but just couldn't to do it...SO FRUSTRATING. Fulham might have a battle on their hands with some more potential mid-table teams in the Prem.

16. jumpkutz

Hecky darn. Oh well, congrats to hammers and supporters. Guess it's less money for the petrol/travel bill for MAF next season, anyway. We'll see you in August! COYW!