Redskins

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by americanmike, Jun 23, 2005.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Yup! I'm a Redskins fan, BUT, I have not followed them that closely since Daniel Snyder took over...I fear there is a new curse in football....the Daniel Snyder curse.

2. Jux

Jux New Member

My wife is Skins fan and I support my hometown Cowboys. Although I don't know if Daniel Snyder is any worse than Jerry Jones.

3. mrsjux

mrsjux New Member

Ok, so I readily admit that I know absolutely nothing about the team, but when I was a kid, the Redskins were my brother's favorite, so by proxy, I have always had a soft spot--after the Steelers, of course.

And, since Jux is firmly encamped in enemy territory, it gives me something else to goad him with. I do love a good goad.

4. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Browns Suck
    Steelers Suck
    Redskins Suck
    Cowboys Suck

Go Ravens!

5. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

Re: RE: Redskins

It must be hard being you, if all you have to cheer for is the Ravens... How's Deion Sanders these days?

6. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Redskins

For you Redskins fans out there, looks like you might not have your starting strong safety this season. Sean Taylor faces a minimum of three years in the slammer if found guilty of pointing a loaded gun at some earlier this month. His trial starts on Monday, Sept 12th, the day after the season starts.

He has a lot of money so he will likely get off, but after his DUI last year, he quickly establishing himself as a scumbag.

7. Jux

Jux New Member

He should have just discharged the weapon into the air...like Mike Doss of the Colts. That way he would only miss a few games :roll:

Just goes to show you that you can't always count on these guys to come through for your team. I don't envy personnel directors who have to babysit some of these players.

And trust me, I am well aware of the number of these idiots that played for the Cowboys. :x

8. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Vikings superbowls: 0
    Ravens Superbowls: 1

Deion is still with the team..how's Moss doing?

9. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

Touche'

But really... isn't Ravens football just a little boring? 3 yards and a cloud of dust gets kinda boring... or maybe I've just gotten used to over-done vertical football... although we'll see how that changes without Moss

10. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Going to a Ravens game is basically the exact opposite of any other football game. People get pumped up and scream and yell when the defense gets on the field. When the offense comes on everyone goes to the bathroom, goes to get more beer and chit chat waiting for a punt.

And when ray lewis and ed reed are on the field, its never boring.

this season we'll see how good culpepper really is.

11. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

You must be referring to Chicago Bears football here. At least the Ravens have a Super Bowl and a few playoff appearances to boot. The Bears have had nothing at all in the last decade. I tend to be one who thinks the 13-3 2001 season was a fluke. Other than that playoff appearance, this team has sucked.

Not only that, they are most dull, unoriginal and boring team in the NFL. Talk about some brutal offensive coordinators. John Shoop and then Terry Shea would be like Terry Venables to Peter Reid at Leeds. Just bad!!!

I have optimism for this coming season, but it is very cautious might I add.

On a side note, I am more of a college football fan than the NFL.

12. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

I'm in NY, and I'm still wondering how the 2000 Giants went to the superbowl.

We should have two pretty decent teams here next year... (I keep this quote copied in my clipboard as to not have to type it EVERY year and still be wrong.) ((Whose a cynic? Me?))

13. americanmike

Well, well, well...looky what happened last night!!! I must admit, I did predict the exact outcome right after Dallas hit their last field goal. 5 mins left and I said to Joe that the 'skins would pull it out 14 - 13.

I'll take a 2-0 start and may the Cowboys rot.

14. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Heh.....
    Speaking of Ravens, .... dont be surprised to see Modell beating his head against the woodwork in his nifty owner's box. They gonna be the beeyatches of AFC North.
    ....couldnt happen to a more deserving guy.
    And, Johnny C, I hate to point this out... but look at Ravens' PA. 49 in 2 games puts them in the realm of San Diego and Houston.. OTOH NE also.

And, gee, tough luck, Vikes! On the plus side, if the Bengals hadnt run up 17 penalties with stupid mistakes, it might - no, WOULD- have been far worse.
    Like the color guy said. Losing Moss really changed the way teams defend Minnesota... and makes Culpepper WAY vulnerable!

Early season North Prediction: Steelers, Bengals, {Browns & Ravens, close contest}

I LIKE Joe Gibbs and it's good to see he can still inspire a team to win, but, yet.....

Heh... that's the argument I use for troglodyte Browns fans.
    Browns' in SB = 0
    Bengals' in SB = 2
    And the two most exciting SB's prior to the nineties.

Understand that Browns fans in SW Ohio are NOT like the Browns fans in the rest of the state. Each Browns home game sees numerous old Camaros and Monte Carlos stranded on side of I-71 results of Dayton fans who didnt carry their lucky corncob wiffem.

15. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

I'd agree Petty....the Bengals look really good right now. i'm not too worried about the Raven's D at the moment. Their problem is that they're constantly on the field, and when that happens, you get tired and the other team is bound to break off a 30 or 40 yard gain.

The offensive line is terrible offers no pass protection, and no run blocks, so basically worthless in every sense.

And got help us non-Redskins fans in DC. They're going to the Superbowl...look out Dolphins...16-0.

16. americanmike

Now keep in mind, that I am not a typical 'fan of that team in DC' but being 3-0 is simply fantastic!!!! It made it better that our kickers first field goal ever came in overtime for the winner.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

17. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

you're just setting yourself up for a big fall mike.

18. americanmike

Oh come on JC, you don't think I know that!!?? I'm just happy that we are 3-0, thats all!! I'm sure we'll still only get my expected total of 6 wins this year but its a nice start thus far.

19. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

This is true, but they've played the Bears, the Seahawks and stole one from the Cowboys. You've still gotta play the Giants and the Eagles twice and the Cowboys one more time.

but yes, 3 wins is 3 wins, and much better than my ravens one win.

20. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Two reasons I always kinda liked the Redskins:

1. Joe Gibbs

2. The anti-Cowboys (whose players I liked... but calling themselves "America's Team" did it for me!)
    - ChivasUSA should have researched that!