RedBull dumps Arena

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Spencer, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

RE: Arena Out!

I'm surprised too but not sad. I dont really like the guy; he seems arrogant. Although a friend of mine played for him at UVA and said he is a great coach. However, that was in lacrosse.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

So, Bruce, I hear there's a job opening up in Los Angeles ... .

4. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Bruce going to LA, it would never happen. That would be like Torre going to the Dodgers.

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Whether you LIKE Bruce or not... firing him because the RB havent performed to expectations is a freakin' JOKE!

They had to overcome a HUGE deficit of credibility and attitude built up by a decade of numbskills! {sic}

Sure I thought he was an idiot for signing Reyna as a DP and I was right.
    But anyone thinks even Mourinho is going to come in and surpass what Steve Nicol does for the Revs, is likewise lacking in cognitive resonance

6. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

you are right Fog...not one of those European guys mentioned would take that job.

7. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

That's just crazy. They made it to the playoffs and only missed out moving on by one goal. They had one of the most entertaining squads to watch all year.

That just doesn't make any sense and annoys me.

8. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Re: RE: Arena Out!

I endorse this. The only way it makes any sense is if they were LOOKING for an excuse to fire him. Which leads me to belive they have someone, a European, in mind. Its likely to backfire on them.

9. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

RE: Re: RE: Arena Out!

Turns out they are saying he actually resigned. I don't believe that for one second, but if that is how the Red Bulls want it to look ... so be it. Now they are out of a coach and Arena is on the free market again. The guy crashed horribly at the 2006 WC, but he is still a decent manager. You can see that by what he did with NYRB this year. Altidore and JAP were a powerful combination all season.

The only mistake he did make this season was bringing Claudio Reyna back. I have NEVER seen that guy do anything worth cheering for. I must have missed all those games that made him so special to people.