Ranting about the Bears

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by FFC24, Jan 5, 2010.

1. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

So Lovie kept his job. Ron Turner was the scapegoat and was let go. Turner was pretty shit as a coordinator so I'm not to sad to see him leave. Cutler likes to leave the pocket and we never really took advantage of that. Turner dserved to lose his job.

HOWEVER, what the fuck are the Bears thinking when they keep Lovie? We can bitch about the offense and Cutler all we want, but our defense is ranked 24TH IN THE LEAGUE. Last I checked, Lovie is supposed to be a defensive coach. I guess he bears no responsibility for this? Of course not because Urlacher was injured. I got news for the damn management, Urlacher is not the Urlacher of 4 years ago and he wouldn't of made such a difference that we would be even a somewhat average defense. This defense has been in steady decline for years and Lovie isn't helping things any.

And while Lovie deserves to be fired, we must not forget about how shitty our organization is run. Lovie wasn't fired because we have a bunch of cheap fucks running the team who would rather keep this coach than go out and hire Cowher or Fox and eat up Lovie's contract. It isn't like we can't afford to eat up his contract, we are to fucking cheap to do so.

And what's up with trading your 2nd round pick for GAINES FUCKING ADAMS? We weren't going anywhere anyway, so why give away a 2nd rounder for such a huge risk? We have no 1st round pick and now we have no 2nd round pick. We have more holes than Swiss cheese and we can't fix this problem because we like to hand out draft picks. We could sign a few free agents, but look at the reason why we kept Lovie. Yeah, needless to say, Vincent Jackson isn't coming to Chicago.

I love this team and will always stick by the team itself. Its sad that a team with such history can't consistently challenge for the NFC North at the very least. I hope we turn things around, but I think it might be years before we see a truly great Bears team.

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I feel yer pain.
    Well, no I dont. I feel the pain of being a Bengals fan. Which is kinda sorta the same.

You tell me how I should feel after the season they had, THEN that performance against the Jets last Sunday!

Tell me how the playoffs are a whole different thing.. and how the Bengals will be REALLY motivated against the Jets THIS weekend!

Hell, I'm already rationalizing a sincere interest in the Cleveland Browns offseason moves.

3. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Isnt it . . . Da Bears?

4. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

They lost the right to be called Da Bears. Damnit, I'm still angry about this decision.

It could be worse, I could support the Browns. I couldve also followed my dad and support the Raiders.