Questions re: QPR

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by SteveM19, Dec 17, 2007.

1. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

As a Yankee, I was wondering how did Fulham develop such a big rivalry with Chelski, and I don't see anything really with QPR, since they're also next door neighbors?

2. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Actually a lot of people do have it out for QPR and we are certainly the subject of much of their consternation. If you read t-f-i, it seems that whenever QPR has more misfortune someone will post about it causing many to happily pile on. Also a lot of stuff prior to the preseason friendly in August.

But they're not in the same league at this time, we never play competitive games against them, so......really it seems people mostly forget about them for the time being.

3. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Hey rcl19, growing up and being a Fulham fan in the 80's Brentford was our only real derby. I have never felt any animosity to QPR, but I know older Fulham fans that do.

4. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Well, I'm learning more and more this morning! Why Brentford, and were there any other derbies that FFC had in the old days

5. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Brentford are very close to Fulham. The group of clubs go from Fulham, Chelsea, Brentford and QPR. Which ever division we have been in we usually fine one to play against.

I can't remember but either Orient or Barnet hate us and I have no idea why. Either way we don't play them very often and they would not be considered a Derby.

Reading is not a derby match, but always used to get good support as there are a number of Fulham fans that live down the M4 corridor. Even when we were bouncing round the lower divisions together the away crowd at Elm Park would be good. I have never been to the Madejski though.