QPR-Neil Warnock and Mark Hughes

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by dcheather, Jan 8, 2012.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... -over.html

So...QPR big enough for you Mark?

2. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I can see Mark using it has a paycheck but I really do not like them and really really want them to go down this year. But what a strange situation they find themselves in.

A mishmash squad made up of Championship players (some at best!) and some better hard working players on very high wages - please step up Mr. Barton.

Sadly if they get Hughes, they'll most definitely stay up and they have the money to thrown around...

3. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Agree with Mike's comments. So, QPR have the ambition you desire, Mr. Hughes? Unfortunately, they have BIG money as Mike stated and he could turn them into Man City v.2.0.

Damn.

COYW

4. sfm

sfm Member

Leslie's clubs -- including us last season-- always played better in the second half; the opposite of Alan Curbishley's Charlton who often started top half then faded. Moreover, if Leslie still harbors ambitions of a coaching that other lot, he would need an obviously beter platform than Northolt Utd. He is said not to be short of funds personally, knows he has to succeed and that January's window is not the optimal time to build a squad. So I think it unlikely Leslie would take the job if offered and unlike my friends here would be more concerned they might stay up if Curbishley were appointed.

5. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Well, it has bee confirmed. Mark Hughes has been named as QPR manager.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-1 ... s-job.html

:doh: only $46.5 million dollars?!

6. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

Mark Hughes can go screw himself. I don't know much about the QPR rivalry, but I absolutely freaking hate them now. This guy is a muthafreaking joke to keep switching between rival teams. A true freaking mercenary.

7. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Looks like this rivalry has been ratcheted up a few notches. Can't wait for the match at that dump they call home. This is our true West London Derby in a sense that QPHa views us w/much disdain. Chelsea is as close, but those smug bastards view themselves as superior and not rivals. So a backhanded thanks to Sparky for being a hypocritical, egotistical, and ultimately a pathetic @SS, and giving the fans a great rivalry game.

8. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Wow nice move Mark. At least he is now worse than us. Hope we really make him regret it on February 25th :handgestures-thumbupleft:

9. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Mark whugh?

10. sfm

sfm Member

What a revolting development, not for Leslie but for them.

So that will be what another eight draws, then, or nine perhaps, possibly ten? And what will Northholt Utd have to show for it come May? An expensive desk, the Taffia cronies, an impossibly high defencive line against the quicker sides, handshake controversies, rumours of ex Man City and Blackburn players transfers (with few forthcoming), Kia Jorrabachian lurking in the background, never ever too far away...

Well there will be improved player fitness levels, I grant you that, and of course, a well practiced aloofness from the Gaffer himself. I mentioned the desk already.

I think it is simply too late for Leslie's appointment to be effective in grafting his team's tactics, training methods and talent on their team. I predict the same end result as under Colin: Relegation.

11. Clevelandmo

Thoroughly enjoyed reading every single word of that sfm. Thanks. good stuff

12. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Mark Hughes is a slow starter and he won't have enough time to reshape the team. They will go down.

13. Clevelandmo

Welcome back Amigo. :banana-dance:

14. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

A Big :text-+1:

Hope your trip went well RR for the couple matches you got to see (the Arsenal and Charlton matches had to be alot of fun).

15. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

It was an awesome trip and couldn't have dreamed of two better matches to see. Arsenal was the most exciting thing I have seen in a long time (the Hammy End stands were literally rocking and I was hugging a total stranger) and Charlton was very cool because of the result, Dempsey's contribution, my family over there was with me, and just because I was kickin' myself because the seats I sat in were in the HammyEnd, with a perfect view of the pitch, the cottage in the left corner, and great view of the river flowing by.

Thanks for the welcomes!

I even got to meet AmericanMike finally. Very nice man.