QPR Away

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SCFulhamFan, Feb 20, 2012.

1. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Tale of two halves. We got lucky for sure. Great 3 points. In Pog I trust... still! :p

2. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

love, Love, LOVE IT! What's that old Klingon proverb? Revenge is a dish that is best served COLD! And how about a striker who can SCORE!

Good luck keeping this bunch out of the Championship next season, Mark.

COYW!

3. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Solid write up by HD - cannot comment on the write up b/c the codewords won't let me.

Never thought I'd fret as much as I did today vs. a 10 man QPR - what the hell happened in the 2nd half? Oh well, 3 points and onward and upward!

COYW!!!

4. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

You can Nev, click on the link in the topic thread while logged in to the forum and you should be able to comment there.

5. tim

tim Active Member

A nervy second 45 for sure. But a win away is a win away. Fun fact learned today: Chris Baird and I were born on the very same day.

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Happy belated birthday Tim. :eek:ccasion-birthdaymulticolor: Did you go to the Fox and Hounds? Glad the lads got the 3 pts.

I will never complain about winning away from CC. From the few highlights I saw it looked like our away support was fantastic.
    Since it so rarely happens on our travels the only thing to add and it's still winter... :banana-skier:

7. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

Yes..Hope you had a great birthday, Tim!

How can we look so amazing and inept in the same match? Oh well despite the heartburn they caused, we still got the points. Not sure why we don't seem to do well against 10 men. It was great to hear the support from the stands, and see AJ throw his shirt. Did anyone catch the dustup(shocking, I know) between Jol and Mark at the end?

8. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

I wasn't able to comment there either. Good job Don. Pog looked good in the first half, but looked like he was running in quick sand in the 2nd. In fact, he looked like David Elm in the 2nd half.

I thought Sleepy was slow with the subs, again. Once we started playing to preserve the 1-0, we should have subbed off AJ & Ruiz. Or Pog and Ruiz. Playing Pog alone up top killed any threat of a counter from us and enabled QPR to push more guys into attack.

While it was ugly, I got what I wanted...3 pts and Zamora held off the score sheet. Hopefully we'll look better v Wolves.

9. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Very pleased with the outcome although it was much closer than I expected considering they went down to 10 men early. Great seeing Zamora frustrated too.

Love this photo, what a moment! (btw, what's with the Blackhawks jersey lol!)

[​IMG]

10. tim

tim Active Member

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys. Did not make it out to the F&H this time. Hopefully we'll be able to get the crew together before the end of the campaign.

11. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

Look at the sunglasses flying thru the air over his left arm...that's how we do it!!! I don't think the chap minded the forearm shiver a bit!

12. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Awesome pic, thanks for posting Mister F. Maybe the dude in the Blackhawks jersey is our very own sfm :shock: He said he was going over for the match.