Project for the New American Century

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Smokin', Apr 27, 2005.

1. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

http://www.informationclearinghouse.inf ... le1665.htm

This article was written in February of 2002. Insightful stuff for the time. Dead on if you read it today.

This article is basically about a think tank which later created a book that was written years before by some people who would become pretty powerful namely Donald Rumsfeld, William Kristol, Dick Cheney, Paul Wolfowitz, Jeb Bush... to name a few.

Check this out. http://www.newamericancentury.org/

The idea here is a world america. If i was 8 i would have waved my flag around and acted if I was ready to take over the world.

Anyways, these folks are the same guys who convinced Reagan that the Soviets were funding terrorism in the 80's to weaken the US and start a nuclear war, which, never happened or never almost happend.

2. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

paging pettyfog, you're needed in world news

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Old and tired subject and If you want I'll dredge up some dreary Progressive think tank stuff to counter it and then we'll look up what seems to be working out best.
    Hint: the "Brave New World" model being the EU, what do YOU think?

For the near dead-on proofs look to the former Eastern European satellite nations - (excluding the Balkans... which never prove anything)

And you are saying you can prove the KGB WASNT funding terror groups? Funny ... that was pretty much run of play for both KGB and CIA back in early 80s.

And I never heard the thing that Russians wanted to "start" a nuke war.... Better vet your sources...DU and Kos dont count as "sources"

4. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Re: RE: Project for the New American Century

hahaha, I just read this post and made me laught out loud at work...could be post of the year...

5. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Project for the New American Century

I suppose CNN, the bible and FOX news are the best sources out there.

Your a sheep.

No matter how much you may think its old news, it new news to most. I've been following this stuff since the mid 90's, that think tank and book were the first embodiment of what everyone only speculated.

I never said the russians wanted to start a war, only that the US and our trusted officials wanted to make it seem so. To scare us into taking military action, to make war, the only true money making machine.

Arent you the guy who loves the Bush Admin. and what they are doing? Iraq, Afghanistan, etc... Doesnt this show you that the idea was there long before SEPT 11 and supposed Al Queda ties? Is this right? To spend tax payers money on a idealist agenda?

if I were looking for a convenient model, I would lead toward 1984.

6. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

RE: Re: RE: Project for the New American Century

The problem with the PNAC is that a lot of people take it a few extra steps.

I have a friend that has taken this 5 steps further and claimed that our government allowed, or even carried out 9/11 in order to create a war in the middle east.

its stuff like that that makes me question the whole thing

7. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Re: RE: Re: RE: Project for the New American Century

I have friends who feel the same way, and now that you have mentioned that, they will definitely find their way to the board.

8. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Project for the New American Century

Ok... Now just to respond and to urge all reading this to take this lightly...

You have to look farther than, the President wouldnt do that cuz he's an American and thats bad. I'd like you to remember, that billionaires, such as the tabacco families, oil bearing folk, fast food tycoons, etc. DONT CARE about the working class, they care about money, they care about power.

I'm not sure how much i believe the notion that it was carried out under some rogue CIA order from the top, but I know enough not to trust the people at the top just because they say that they didnt do it. In fact the only thing that tells me that Osama did it is intelligence from GWB himself. I know from reports that NO CEO's were in that building that day, I know the towers fell straight down, I know building 7 collapsed hours later, I remember hearing that the flight over pennsylvania was SHOT down, I know the Pentagon reinforced one of its 5 outside walls months earlier, I know OBL has not been caught. I know the Bushes are good friends with that family for decades, I know OBL used to work the US and for GHB himself. The government has a history of hurting the lower classes and covering it up. Look up MK Ultra in with the freedom of information act. Thats proof alone.

All I can guarantee is the folks died that day. Cuz someone knocked down the towers, I know we havent caught that guy yet. I know that a more focused attempt on the pentagon, and the white house would have yeilded more desirable results.

I think about what happend that day, and what it allowed the current administration to do, and thats kill anyone and everyone who is labeled a terrorist. I know the administration can put that label on whomever they please.

We live in a different world now, a less free world. As long as there is a imperialistic attitude there will be terrorists. The more we kill the more are converted. The more lives we spread "freedom" to the more people we alienate.

We have a man who says GOD put him in the presidential seat. And that GOD wants him to rid the world of evil. lets be honest, there will always be evil, becuz with out it GOOD does not exist.

One more thing. Adolf Hitler said, "The bigger the lie, the more likely people are to believe it."

Like I said, I dont truly believe in my heart that he masterminded the 9/11. But he's not once NOT been a suspect. For the people who have counted him out without evidence, your an ignorant bunch. Just consider it.

9. pettyfog

Holy crap! i dont know where to start, so I aint gonna...

How about doing some REAL research, even using moderate blogs and MSM into what really is happening in the world. And thinking about it for more than 5 minutes.
    - You just MIGHT come to the conclusion that events are more shaped by human fallibility than scheming! Bombing of "Aspirin factories" and Embassies come to mind!

Otherwise, yep, it's easier to blame the 'enemy you know'.... and this crap belongs on "Democratic Underground"!

10. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

I think at worst we can say that our administration failed miserably at heeding warnings from our intelligence agencies before 9/11.

to say we knew was absurd. And your'e talking about the towers falling straight down, and WTC 7 being imploded. There are others who say that drones were flown into the buildings and the real planes were landed somewhere else and passengers let off. Others ay that a missle hit the pentagon, not another plane.

I think bush is a cold hearted bastard as much as the next guy, but i really don't think he or this administration would allow this to happen.

that being said though, they have used this to the point that we're basically living in a police state in many areas of the country now. so in that aspect, the terrorists ahve already won

11. pettyfog

More DUmmi-tude: Jim "Over/Under-Educated" Lampley

Huffington Post: The Biggest Story of Our Lives

Well, Jim... let me quote a famous media predecessor of yours, Pauline Kael of the NY Times, on Nixon's 1972 Landslide victory:
    - False American Idols

For one thing, this has been done to a turn, the wording of the exit poll played a part, as did the sample logistics, as did those being sampled in either wanting to screw it up as "None of your business" or not wanting to appear to be be "un-informed yokels"

But it's a lot more convenient to ignore the OTHER elections that were confounding the wonks... as well as to ignore the vote fraud CURRENTLY in the news in the state of Washington, rather than admit you are an over-educated dunce. :roll:

12. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

RE: More DUmmi-tude: Jim "Over/Under-Educated" Lam

I think the term "REAL" research is relative. It depends on your brand of news and who you would like to believe, I leave Hannity and O'Reilly of my lists. Journalism is supposed to be reported facts not opinions.

I mention the possibility, not that he did it, but that he could do it. And after WACO should be considered a usual suspect at the very least.

I'm not a republican or a democrate nor do I choose sides.... I most definately am not liberal nor am I a conservative.. Apparently I exist on a different plain from those NEO Cons...

Its possible, believe me. if you've followed the family for years before his election, you would agree.

13. pettyfog

Re: RE: More DUmmi-tude: Jim "Over/Under-Educated"

I'm a little puzzled... have you seen me quoting O'Reilly or Hannity?

I will quote neither. While I read O'reilly's book and really liked it, the tenor of his show appears to be geared toward the sensational-libertarian audience.

Hannity.. well, let's just say, I will listen to him on the hope that he has some guest on that can be less obnoxious than himself. Most of his guests are far less jingoistic than he is. Except Coulter who is both more intelligent and fun. well, guess that goes for Susan Estrich, too.

14. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

RE: Re: RE: More DUmmi-tude: Jim "Over/Under-Educated&q

I think George Carlin said it best when he asked why the US media has become a PR agency for the Government since 9/11?

15. pettyfog

RE: Re: RE: More DUmmi-tude: Jim "Over/Under-Educated&a

Gee... guess I missed that... last i looked, they are looking under the Administrations blankets every chance they get.

I consider Carlin the model for our doofus mainstay on AirAmerican.

And I thought the "7 little words " was hilarious... until I realized he was serious. Meaning he really hadnt a clue!