Presidential Race 2016

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by dcheather, Dec 10, 2015.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Whoaaaaa! Don I was charitable on your first paragraph. By the third you might as well be {edited} scraping straight out of the Harry Reid / Debby Wasserman Schulz copybook. (and You forgot to credit Zinn and Marcuse!)

The first step of Fascism is to unite public following by demonization of the 'Other'; I am one of YOU; 'They' are taking us down.; As long as you are with me, I will FIX OUR Problems.. even if by odious means.

At the same time you publicly rail against the established powers of Banking and Commerce, you have arranged buy-in by the Financial / Industrial Complex and installed a regulatory system that insures compliance. You entice them to bankroll your public campaign against them.

Publicly, you encourage the masses to display 'free expression' by demonstrating for you in the streets and on media. You vilify those who think different by elevation of emotional response. They hurt my feelings, they don't think straight, If they aren't for me, they are against me. You make the 'ME' personal. Make 'THEM' foreign and strange. They will follow on by establishing special places for free expression, {hateful speech} then they will complain bitterly about what goes on 'Over There'

You separate and elevate special interests in the populace and encourage them to believe you are looking out for THEM and those like them. Then make sure that you dont go too far; by placing leaders among them with secrets and skeletons in their own closet among your wider cohort and make it worth their while by giving them a voice.
    Militarization is nothing but a by-product of the united front.

Now I wrote that. Notice that it has NO reference to religion of any kind, though religion is often the other. Or maybe it's gun-owners. Or those who dont like open displays of sexual deviance.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  2. pettyfog

Now let's get back to campaign background. How is Hillary still in it, when anyone else would probably have slunk off or been booted out long ago? Because she learned from the greats on how (and not) to deal. After writing her Master's thesis on Saul Alinsky {and yes, Don, trading notes with him}, she worked on the case against Richard Nixon. Most of us knew that, but the ramifications are fascinating.

Is Hillary the Democratic Nixon?

Hell, she's WAY more than Nixon ever dreamed of being! She was so much more so that she made Bill look good in comparison. He REALLY owes her.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Sigh. Show me where I copied what I wrote from ANYONE -- Schulz, Marcuse ... anyone. Find me the word-for-word video or text -- NOT YOUR INFERENCE of something completely different.

You know, for a guy who has "think for yourself" in your tagline, you have significant difficulty recognizing thinking when you see it on the hoof.

Religion -- be it Catholicism, Protestantism, or Marxism -- is and has been a full partner in all the Fascist regimes I mentioned. If you really read any history, you'd know that's a basic truth. A little education wouldn't hurt you, you know. Universities and colleges are full of them, as are high schools -- although I know you guys think professors are elitist snobs and school teachers -- being union members -- are really jackbooted thugs.

4. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Boy, one buzzword, and the train has jumped the track. Not that this fascism discussion isn't entertaining.

dcheather and nevzter like this.
  5. pettyfog

Oh, fucrineoutloud! Dont be so literal... never once thought you did; just that 'great minds think alike'.
    ;)
    I will change it

6. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Watched a good chunk of the debate last night and decided to invent a new drinking game: a shot for every time Obama and/or Hilary was cited by name for an evil befalling our country. No wonder nobody votes anymore.

7. pettyfog

Yeah... we gave up and watched "The Voice" finale instead. Probably would have watched it all but because we watched the very well conducted 'Reserve Game' previous; seeing how the Varsity Game went was depressing as hell!
    Chris Christie had the Bingo! line of the night when he pointed out the Rubio / Cruz brouhaha was typical of Congressional Pols. 'Arguing over angels on a Pinhead..'

I'm sorry for you not liking Hillary and Barack being used as pinatas. I'm sure you were just as upset when BHO and HRC blamed everything on Dubya.
    I dont like it either. But actions or inactions have consequences. If you think my obtuse remarks about Zbigniew Brzezinski had nothing to do with anything maybe you should have read up and been prepared. We're seeing now in the middle east what would have happened earlier if Carter Diplomacy had an unbroken run.
    Not even mentioned once was the overarching fact that Geo-Politics abhors a vacuum. I guess because it's a given for guys like me. Fast Forward to Hillary, for example, pushing to dump Khadafy after he'd dumped all his WMD because Dubya scared him shitless; then backing off when things went wrong.

Anyway.. this was by far the best Voice season. I say that every time, but it was especially true with this bunch of people. Voice' Jordan Smith tops Adele on iTunes, again
    I'm really beginning to be confused. And a little suspicious that no one yet has looked deep into the demography of Trump Supporters. I've no doubt there's a certain Palin crossover but these are not like the 'Tea Party Patriots" I've seen. Other than he is 'bold' on National Security, he sure seems like a Red Dog Democrat.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Hey jump! ^^^^^^ should be worth about a half bottle of Makers Mark. Cheers!

9. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

I wasn't upset....I was rooting them on! Thinking about doing the same for the next Dem Debate! May have to restock before then, though...

HatterDon likes this.
  10. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Rookies. Only 1/2 a bottle during a debate? Those debates warrant a fifth and a half these days - bourbon, gin, vodka, mad dog 20/20, whatever. Like 'fog, I'd rather watch the Voice and save my liver the torture.

11. pettyfog

Watched a fair amount of the Hillary lovefest last night. I find it amazing, she has found yet ANOTHER video, this one totally 'virtual' to blame for terrorism, real and imagined.
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...hecking-hillary-clintons-claim-isis-using-vi/
    - It's ironic that she is PROBABLY correct that ISIS will use Trump Video bytes, if they are not already. It's only common sense they would. But Politifact dont need no steenking common sense.

In the same week she accused the Benghazi victims' families of lying about her blaming a video for the embassy attack. I will remind you AND her that Susan Rice, US Ambassador to UN was definitive in blaming the idiot video for the Benghazi 'spontaneous demonstration'. Rice did not report to Hillary, but to the President. However, i see no reason for those people to confuse Hillary and Susan Rice. Yes, Hillary knew the attack was planned and even told her family and friends it WAS a planned terror attack.
    Hillary, interestingly pointed to Libya as an example of how she worked withcoalition and in-country groups to throw over Khadafy. Never mind how it turned out. Or that he was easy pickin's because he had already dumped WMD in fear Dubya would come after him next. So who was it 'destabilized' the region. Which brings us to 'Arab Spring'. Remember that? Hillary helped that out a lot.
    But you notice no one is mentioning 'Arab Spring'.

Poor Bernie! Everyone respects him because he is at least honest. But the good old memes of taxing the rich to pay the difference does not fool most of the rubes, anymore. Take the net wealth of top 100 corporations, and top 1%, divide in half and give to the middle class and show that you will pay for the programs he proposes.. let alone he claims adding $1.60 a week to people's payroll taxes to cover health care insurance shortfall?!!!!!
    Not good with numbers!
    Nor with the suggestion that Coalition of muslim countries fight ISIS and pay most the costs. How you gonna do that. Sounds suspiciously like "I'll build a wall and Mexico will pay for it."
    Wonder why there was little 'Climate Change' debate?
    https://www.rawstory.com/2015/12/tw...ange-and-asking-inane-question-about-spouses/

Would have been interesting to hear Bernie on that subject, as the masses in Vermont are in near revolt over siting scores of wind turbines on the only asset the state has... SCENERY. Yeah, Bernie.. you won't sell out to corporate interests. Like those in state power who support you, did.

http://notrickszone.com/2015/12/02/...ge-stinging-rebuke-against-500-foot-turbines/

Oh.. and Hillary repeated the claim that she's not in thrall to big wall st corporate campaign donations. {Her really favorite Alinsky rule after the one which allows her to claim Republicans are her biggest enemy.
    "
    “I think it’s important to point out that about three percent of my donations come from people in the finance and investment world,” Clinton said.

“You can go to OpenSecrets.org and check that,” Clinton continued, adding that “more donations from students and teachers than I do from people associated with Wall Street.”

Yeah.... except they only deliniate donations by industry, not profession. And those results say different.
    What a real battle for the dumbo vote, we are witnessing on both sides!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

So, if you're in a televised debate and you listen to the other people on stage, treat them well, and apologize when it is necessary -- all the while talking about issues in a calm, reasoned way -- you are weak and wimpy. If, on the other hand, you bully and bluster and never attempt to find rational solutions to problems, you are strong and the embodiment of leadership.

I continue to learn about my country. Now, I'm off to carpet bomb only a small, select portion of my driveway.

AND NO, JIM, THIS IS NOT A RESPONSE TO YOUR MOST RECENT POST

13. pettyfog

Lol.... on the 'Carpet Bomb' dud, dude! {ref to Cruz' allusion to 'selectively carpet bombing Isis'.}

- I get your meaning Don on the 'civility'. Note It gets you nothing but derision when it's your foremost approach. See Carson. And to some extent Kasich.

I told you I dont like Trump. But I do understand his following. People who tried the approved way and got shit on because of it.
    No accident that Trump and Carson lead this race early. People who accepted the DNC approved GOP candidates the last two cycles. The LAST one would have probably done a good job but we will never know will we... because as soon as he locked the nomination the Dems threw every character assassination in the book at him.
    so spare me the 'civility' bullshit! You will tie yourself in knots using it as an argument against a former (and, I believe, STILL) Democrat running as a Republican.

You know freaking well it's politics, the good old Tammany Hall, Boston Mob, Chicago way. And they were no freaking Republicans!

- You know what.... Even Tea Partiers know none of these guys is going to actually DO what he says. What they hope is one of them do SOMETHING that shows a backbone. You think Paul Ryan made any points with his base, this week?!!!

Just as OWS is the core of Bernie's campaign. People are sick and tired of insider lies.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  14. pettyfog

well, back to our favorite whipping post and straw man:

Apparently LOTS of Muslims take him seriously.. like a first hand account I read the other day; a little girl asked her daddy if they would have to move if Trump were elected. And that made him very concerned and afraid for her future.

Quick, let's switch to the crowd scene on the Streets of Teheran on any given day an Ayatollah makes a policy speech...
    "Death to America, Death to the Great Satan!"
    Oh, my! Wait... that's DIFFERENT! So no worries, mate!

"It's just local politics. Nothing to do with international amity. Besides the Republicans are saying more or less the same thing""
    http://www.mediaite.com/tv/obama-iranians-chanting-death-to-america-share-common-cause-with-gop/

Well, yeah but since the late 70's? Tell me this: Are Muslims simple minded folk, incapable of discerning political bluster.. or not?

15. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Fog, I'm afraid political posturing probably isn't really a thing in some Middle East areas of late. Taking a look around youtube on videos of Iran before and after 1979, I have a feeling people in that area just take a pols and/or religious leader's word for exactly what they're going to do or want to do.

16. pettyfog

First... if the internet has a bad rep for factuality, Youtube is the WORST example. It's still the home of 9/11 truthers. If you want to prove we're being gassed by contrails, that's where you find your evidence.
    If you just KNOW that big oil and utilities are keeping us from getting and making cheap and free energy, that is where you find LOTS of people in their garages 'proving' you can get more power out of a motor hooked to a generator than you put into it, if you just tweak it right or use 'magic magnets'.
    IOW, "Perpetual Motion". Short summary: Crackpots and fakers.

As to the rest of your take.. not quite sure. I wasnt sure whether to post this in 'Idiocracy' or here... whichever, it is depressing.
    Muslims Say U.S. Government More Dangerous than ISIS

Picture a Southern Churchgoer in the sixties saying: "I'm more afraid of the government than I am of the Klan."
    And "The Klan cannot destroy America!"

The hell it couldn't! It almost did, several times. Now we have Leftist Groups well on the way to destroying America by refusing to recognise clear and present dangers to society.

Just to be perfectly clear, Everyone who says ISIS, Al Quaeda and other terror factions cannot be defeated militarily is right. That doesnt mean you do nothing. And it sure doesnt mean you can 'negotiate' with them to a fair result for everyone.

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, the entire Tea Party is more afraid of the US government than ... well, pretty much everything. So, I'm not sure what your point is with "the Muslims."

18. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

There are crackpots on Youtube? Well, I never knew that before now. Thank you for enlightening me. :rolleyes:

My point is they mostly don't do political BSing for votes in that section of the world. Somebody just says this is what's what and if you don't like it tough. So why you expect someone to know what political posturing is when they don't have any (or very limited) personal experience with it and in fact it is usually the opposite?

I'm with Hatter I don't know what your point is in 4 posts above. People are going to react to what politicians say and why wouldn't they take it seriously?

19. pettyfog

You may be right. Or you may be wrong. If you think Trump's base is all Tea Party, you are wrong. Notice the media isnt digging very much on just who they are?
    Because lots of them are Democrats. that's why. But a fair number ARE current or former Tea Party... so why is that?
    They are sending the RNC a message, that's why! One and the same reason Ben Carson was up top before he revealed how little he really knew about Foreign Policy issues. Heart being in the right place, doesn't cut it.
    The bottom line is that Trump has formed a personality cult.

Why not! Got the last guy elected twice. It's bad because Trump IS a Carpetbagger Democrat, which is why I find this so depressing.
    The upshot of the whole deal is that Real Republicans and so called right wing media dont carry the message to the people as well as DNC and their media partners. RNCe{stablishment} wanted Jeb Bush to lead. And if not him, Marco Rubio.
    They despise Ted Cruz, which is why they wont talk about what Cruz actually did BEFORE he got into electoral politics. And CRuz IS brusk and abrasive that's for sure. And sometimes tone deaf on his message.
    And on the subject of 'knows a lot less than he thinks he does'... watch this, putting aside the inflammatory title and just considering the import of it. Can you do that?

So you tell me who is better at conveying a MESSAGE. THAT is WHY TRUMP!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

breathe, Jim. Breathe!