President Hillary

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Spencer, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

x

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  2. terry1lj

terry1lj New Member

I believe if Obama runs he'll win, unless he pulls a Howard Dean.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

At present, the Republican support base is fragmented. The fiscal conservatives are aghast at the spending spree the administration has been embarked on. The libertarian conservatives are aghast at the huge intrusive government created by the west wing. The social conservatives are aghast at the sexual and financial scandals of Republican lawmakers.

Is there anyone who can make Republican contributors forget these transgressions overnight? Is there anyone who can unite these disparate conservatives for a national campaign. Yes there is.

Nobody makes Republicans write checks faster than Hillary Clinton. Unless she drops out, the Republican base will unite more tightly and effectively than we saw in 2000.

What does Hillary's campaign mean? President Sam Brownback? :shock: President Dan Quayle? :? Maybe they'll find someone less qualified than George W. Bush and run him. :cry:

Eight more years! Eight more years! Gee, thanks a bundle, Hillary. :twisted:

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I was going to take the whole month off, Don...

And, strangely all your points make sense, except this:
    Where the hell are you reading this? Name your sources... the sources I read are mainly pissed off at the way they were handled and that the sh!t shoveled in the Dem campaign wasnt dumped back on them.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

One more time and I'll type this very slowly so you can catch it this time. :wink:

My observations and opinions are mine -- they're not culled from dozens of blogs or websites. They are the result of watching, thinking about, and analyzing things political for over 40 years.

I do get things wrong [for instance, I was all ready for the New Orleans v. New England Superbowl next month :oops: ], but when I do, it's because my view was incorrect, not because the preponderance of opinions I read put me on the wrong track.

Thought you were quiet recently, 'fog. Didn't mean to awaken the giant. Roll on February! :banana:

6. pettyfog

Well... then... you're wrong, as usual.

We get pissed off when repubs act like Dems. Expect human nature, including corruption, but we dont get 'all aghast' that it happens.

BTW: Great move by your sweetheart Pelosi for raising minimum wage and putting a few more of the poor out of work. But mainly Teens.

Except of course in American Samoa...

7. pettyfog

BTW: The Republican 'support base' is no more 'fragmented' than the Dems' is.

Go read DU and Kos and see what they have to say about Hilary, but here is a poser for you.

In almost every straw poll on '08 run by conservatives on the 'net, Giuliani wins easily.

Now how fragmented is that? Realistic I'd say. And looking for someone who we know where he stands.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

And looking for someone with no foreign policy experience and someone who is 90% image, and someone who is no great intellectual, and someone who is easily malleable. Hey; it's worked well for the check-writers for the last six years. Why not.

9. pettyfog

'No foreign policy experience'.... leaves every likely Dem out but Hillary and Richardson.

For me: Draft Fred Thompson!

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

You just love those actors, don't you?

11. pettyfog

More all-round experience on everything than Obama, Edwards, and most others... save Richardson.

Oh... and he's capable of "Original Thought"... which sets him apart.

From Kerry.

12. terry1lj

terry1lj New Member

Remember that Hilary actually has to win the primary first, and seeing everybody's objections to her being president, do you really think that she can do that? And speaking of foriegn policy experience George W. had far less experience than McCain in 2000 but still won the primary. I believe that Barack Obama connects with more of the American people than Hilary, much like Bill did in 1992, and foriegn policy experience wont be all that big of a deal.

13. JMF

JMF New Member

The though of Hillary being president make me cringe. I just cannot stand her. I really like Obama, think he's class all around.

14. terry1lj

terry1lj New Member

Good to hear someone else is in my boat.

15. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Obama is nothing but a media darling to me at the moment, I haven't seen much substance from him in his short time in the Senate. He's been getting a free ride these past couple of years because he's a pretty boy who says nice things. Most Senators like this are the biggest jackasses. I haven't run into this guy and probably won't now since he's running for President.

I'm open to voting to him, but I need to know more. Please no more swooning, I need tough questions and interviews.

16. terry1lj

terry1lj New Member

That's all to come in the next year and a half.

17. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

The only choice for President is Ron Paul, he is the only person that will make a difference.
    http://www.ronpaul.org/

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

kw, only someone who doesn't live in Texas would think Ron Paul is the answer.

terry 1lj -- two years in the Senate is like 6 years as governor of Texas -- neither is enough to make you even remotely qualified to run for president

everybody else -- Hillary will never be elected president. If the Democrats are stupid enough to nominate her, her electoral vote gain will be below Alf Landon's [check your history book].

This is the silly season. There are serious candidates out there for both parties, but they're not getting the press. We'll see where we are around September or October of this year.

19. terry1lj

terry1lj New Member

touche

20. pettyfog

One of the few times Don is right in this forum.

And Hillary has the dubious distinction of being one of the few issues wingnuts and moonbats agree on: As president she would be a disaster.

As for better candidates from both parties, though, that is questionable... Republicans have about TWO, Dems have...... uh.... well..... Damn, have to nominate Joe Biden in there. How bad is that!