Premier League TV Schedule

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by LaxAttack, Aug 9, 2013.

1. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

My assumption here was that NBC would handle the Extra Time like they did the Olympics, using channels like mun2, MSNBC, CNBC, USA etc to air the games. I don't know if that's accurate or if it's just going to be an online thing. If online only, at least it makes it compatible to the chat room, so not such a bad thing.

2. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

The Premier League Extra Time (overflow channels) are separate from mun2, MSNBC, CNBC, USA. Fellow Big Ten fans who have the Big Ten Network are familiar with this concept during the football season during the non-conference when BTN has multiple games on at the same time. They are usually found in the 900s or some other high number station depending on your carrier and they only show stuff when the game is on then they do nothing the rest of the week. I haven't seen anything pop up yet on my Time Warner Cable and as I mentioned above, their customer support were not really helpful.

But they will air some games on mun2 and CNBC throughout the year, but they are separate from the Premier League Extra Time channels.

3. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Direct TV has been added to the list of Live Extra Providers! It is working great on my phone. I will be out of town many weekends this fall, but now I can still watch the games!! Technology is a pain, but man is it amazing sometimes.

4. LaxAttack

Still nothing has been said by Time Warner Cable about Premier League Extra Time (I don't see any extra overflow channels on my guide like others have for other carriers). I know a lot of people are excited for NBC to take over, but as of right now, I will only be able to see 3-4 games each weekend, while with Fox/ESPN (I had access to both Fox Soccer and Fox Soccer Plus), I was able to get every game each week between live and tape delay. So I am currently not happy, especially when I won't be able to see Fulham the opening weekend.

5. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

If you're able to watch streams online, I am sure soneone in the chat room will have a Link to share.

6. tim

tim Active Member

I've been similarly frustrated with TWC, Lax...for this and other reasons. On the other hand, it will force me to head out to the Fox & Hounds, which is always a good time.

7. LaxAttack

8. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Well, looks like my provider has not come to an agreement, so no Extra Time package or Live Extra for me this week. But my parents live about 3 miles away and they have the a different provider in my town and it's listed as being able to stream the match. Looks like I may have to hijack the wifes iPad and find out what their username and password is as they are not home. If not it looks like finding another online stream for me.

Thanks for the site Lax.

9. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Had my doubts this would update post-midnight as I'd heard, but lo and behold it has. Ch 1007 (in hd) here in SA, Don Juan de Guerro. That or I am a lot drunker than I think I am. :lol:

10. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

DirecTV

Logging into the NBC Live website works but the feed is a solid 30 seconds delayed from what is on the actual DirecTV feed.
    Phone app delayed as well, but VERY unstable still for the andriod. Laptops suggested if at all possible.

From what I can tell the additional channels are:
    392, 393, 628, 631, 642, 665, 698

Norwich v Everton is listed twice so HOPING one of those will be Fulham

11. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

No TV channel for me but I will get the live feed on my PC. Looks like there is at least a 30 to 60 second delay so no chat room for me I guess.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I logged into NBC Sports.com/extra time, loaded in my zip code and cable provider and was given a list of channels. I'm now watcing Fulham on TWC channel 1007 -- please note that the channel itself states "data not available." We're going to have a hell of a time programming in advance, but at least we have the match.

13. LaxAttack

Still no extra channels for me yet TWC in Dallas for my parents (and other regions throughout the US) do get them on TWC. :(

14. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Figured out a little late in the game that Comcast has the games on Demand. Just need to remember to start it up before the game begins so perhaps I can watch the match in real time. The "live" button does nothing if you start the game late (they start it right at the beginning and play it though, no fast-forward either). But at least I don't have to hunt down streams or pay for foxsoccer2go.

15. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Saw on the old EPLTalk site (now worldsoccertalk.com) that Comcast had issues with the games that were on On Demand today. Didn't say what excatly but, my feeling is what you described. It said, when talking about the day as a whole "...There were flubs, technical difficulties and syncing issues, as well as embarrassing On Demand screw-ups by Xfinity, who are part of the same corporate family as NBC...."

Hopefully they get them worked out by the next time they are On Demand for you.

16. LaxAttack

Finally got a somewhat answer from Time Warner Cable and someone finally said that the overflow channels were unavailable for California today and should be ready soon (hopefully next week).

17. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

NBC updated the android app and all is well...for now.