Premier League TV Schedule

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by LaxAttack, Aug 9, 2013.

1. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

NBC released its schedule for the first three weeks -> http://worldsoccertalk.com/2013/08/08/n ... -coverage/

Here is a Q&A talking more about how NBC is going to show the games this year between all their overflow channels and what not -> http://worldsoccertalk.com/2013/04/2...eague-2013-16/

I guess Time Warner Cable, which I have, finally agreed to have Premier League Extra Time (the overflow channels), but still hasn't agreed to NBC Sports Live Extra (the online app to see games on demand).

Here’s the list of TV providers who are offering access to NBC Sports Live Extra: AT&T U-verse, Cablevision’s Optimum, Charter, Comcast’s Xfinity TV, Cox, DIRECTV, DISH, Suddenlink and Verizon FiOS.

2. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

I am hoping my town adds the extra stuff. I have my town's cable company, not one of the big boys, so I am keeping my fingers crossed

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Has anybody checked with their cable provider to make sure that Premier League Extra Time is actually onboard? I know that it's supposed to be free to any cable customer whose provider carries NBCSN. I just chatted with TWC here in San Antonio and here's what I heard:

There would be a dedicated channel made available for this and the service will also be available on the TWC TV application.
    However, as of now nothing as been finalized on this.
    You will receive a confirmation email from our end once this is available.

With the season starting in a couple of Saturdays, I'm a little concerned.

For those of you who have the program in your cable system, do you have the capability of DVRing a match carried on Extra Time?

4. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I always thought the Extra Time was a streaming only service. So confused and tired of trying to figure it out.

5. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

I e-mailed my provider earlier today asking about Extra Time and the streaming, hopefully I will hear back soon.

6. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I have Comcast and this what I found in a google search:

http://corporate.comcast.com/news-infor ... ague-match :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV_Everywhere

7. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

I just got this back:

Jim,

"We are currently working with NBC to see if they will allow us to carry this content and will keep you posted!"

By the sounds of it Prem league Extra should be a no-brainer...they should have just have to allocate channel space as it seems free to providers. The online stuff I have a feeling costs the cable provider to access.

8. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

On a somewhat related note...has anybody been able to get the NBC sports extra live app to work on their phone or tablet? It crashes for me after about a minute upon opening it. NBC premier league fail.

9. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

It's working great on my iphone. I read on some forums that android users are having trouble.

Actually, I take that back. I am only watching prerecorded highlights and clips. My TV provider, Direct TV, is not listed. I read they will be starting August 14th but dont see that confirmed anywhere by NBC.

NBC says minimum version of Adobe Flash your device must have installed is 11.3, but you probably know that

10. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

It just keeps crashing immediately after opening. yup, have android devices, read the reviews in the google playstore...tons of one star reviews with similar complaints of crashing immediately. Grr.

11. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

I am holding off installing the app till they get it sorted. I am sure someone is working on it. I just hope it is fixed by Saturday.

12. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

You need flash for the live extra to work on computers. IOS and Droid do not support flash, so that would not or should not be a requirement. The only requirement they list in the store is 3G or 4g, which I have both for the device in question.

13. SCFulhamFan

I have an old version of Flash on my droid. Let me try it.

Do they not have DirecTV listed yet? I can't find them in the app

14. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Yeah, I still have flash on my device...but droid stopped supporting. IOS has never supported flash and never will...I believe you can install it if you crack your device though.

15. Clevelandmo

This is NBC FAQ on Live Extra if it helps anyone.

http://stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/about.html

I see now Heather about Adobe Flash. They are specifically talking about desktops. I also now noticed they say it will be available on "select" android devices. I had no problem downloading the app to my phone but I cant figure out how to do it on my computer. I cant find the app in the apple store and if I click on Google Play it sends me to an Apple webpage. Also dont know if it will depend upon what TV provider I use or what Internet provider I use.

NBC has added a bunch more providers to the app list so you may want to check if yours wasnt there before. Still no Direct TV.

16. SCFulhamFan

:angry-banghead:

17. Clevelandmo

18. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I uninstalled it. I am not sure what they mean by select android devices. When I uninstalled it and looked to install it again, I noticed you also need android 2.2 and higher as well as the 3g, 4g and wireless to stream the content (so maybe they mean that). It looks like some people, according to their review, got it work by somehow getting adobe flas 11.3 on their device. Not sure I want to do that since it's not supported by adobe or google. I wouldn't be surprised l the app probably took advantage of the fact that flash was once upon a time supported on android, but they haven't updated it to reflect the current situation regarding flash and android devices.

19. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Ok, I think I have it working. I installed Firefox beta and NBC sports extra live app. Made Firefox beta the default browser, and now the NBC app doesn't crash. But also noticed that the flash requirements in Faq section changed to v11 and not 11.3? I suppose that's going to be temp fix from NBC if they downgraded the flash requirements?

Edit: Nevermind...seems it just lasts just a little bit longer before it crashes. NBC, please fire your IT department.

20. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

I sent a tweet to TWC's SoCal account asking if they would be getting the overflow channels and if so, what channel numbers would they be.

Someone from TWC's official Help Desk type account asked me to send my phone number so they look into it and my account.

I was then awaken early this morning by a phone call (they left a message) from someone at TWC to tell me that the Premier League is no longer on Fox Soccer and that the Premier League will be on NBC and NBCSN and told me those channels numbers. Nothing about the overflow channels.

Good times.