Portsmouth v. Fulham

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by nevzter, Oct 22, 2008.

1. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Stole a point on the road. Ended the scoring drought. And both came off the foot of Dempsey. I'll take it. :banana:

Good work by Schwarzer and nice to see Nevland removed from the milk carton. The only downside is the continued same ol', same ol' to start every match with the same goose egg result. We can only hope Woy's stubborn streak pays off.

With the developments at Spurs, Wednesday's match at the Cottage looks all the more important. COYW!

2. jmh

jmh New Member

DEMPSEY!

There were points early on that the boys looked threatening. You have to feel like F5 is on the verge of breaking out and scoring some goals, he had a few close calls, balls that he just couldn't get to.

But who found the net? Not the big signings from the summer, but Nevland (on for Paintsil) setting up Dempsey (on for Gera).

I have to agree with the above that Dempsey has to have earned another start, especially with games on Wednesday and again on Saturday. Davies looked threatening on the left but I didn't think the move to the right helped Gera much.

Schwarzer made some good saves and there was really nothing he could've done on the goal.

3. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

All I have to say is, if Duece doesn't get the start next game ... I'm going to start worrying about Roy's stubborness. Sanchez was stubborn, too, and it did not do us good.

4. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I was so excited to see FFC snatch a point on the road, and also, Roy use the squad. Great to see the subs pay off (Nevland in setting up the goal with a nice headed-flick-on to Johnson and then the one-touch cross; Dempsey with a sliding, class finish)!

Fantastic to get off the goal-schneid and with a point. I'm sure to think about the negatives later, but right now, I'm just happy with the result.

p.s. Top notch, Setanta, for going dead for about 5 minutes just as Dempsey subbed on!

5. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Link to highlights, por favor?

6. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Dempsey's goal for one Mr. Lax Attack: http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/1703925/

Just in...the atmosphere in the away end was brilliant, most notably from the start of the second half til they scored and then again from 7 minutes before we scored all the way to the end. You could see alot of the crowd was reliving the great escape.

It was great to see Dempsey score the equalizer and the fans singing his song in force again...even at the end of the game it was great...hopefully you heard us on TV, most enjoyable..

God it was great to see Nevland...like seeing a ghost. More tomorrow, I'm tired.

7. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

I'm with Steve. It was pretty obvious who the better side was. I'll take the point all day as well.

Did you all see what Dempsey was mouthing after the goal....."I'm back!!!!!" must have said it 6 or times. He was fired up!

8. Hoppy

Hoppy New Member

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Mikey, thanks for the post. It doesn't matter what language it's in, it's great seeing the boy score. A point at pompey ain't bad.

Hoppy; sbs took down the videos, but thanks for thinking of us yanks.

10. Lyle

Lyle New Member

I'm happy with the point. Fulham has yet to get manhandled. Good enough for the time being.

This EPL season will be one of the hardest and best seasons the EPL has ever had. Absolutely love it. Put on your hard hats on people, danger awaits.

Hull City.... Jesus Christ!

11. Hoppy

Hoppy New Member

"sbs took down the videos, but thanks for thinking of us yanks"

Strange. Works for me. What happens when you click on those links?

12. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Gracias for the highlights.

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Hoppy, I'm getting something along the lines of "this is no longer available." Maybe it's because the water swirls in the other direction?

14. BarryP

BarryP New Member

What a cross by Nevland and what a lovely finish by Dempsey! Nice to see us rescue a point in the final ten minutes instead of giving them away. How sweet it was to watch the final 15 minutes when I got home from the kids matches today.

A big thank you to the big Aussie for keeping us in the match giving us the opportunity to salvage a point.

15. Jensers

Jensers New Member

I saw that too ridge. I skipped back over it 6 or 7 times to figure out what he was saying...

I'm Back!

Pretty cool. Will be interesting to see if he actually is back in the 11.

Agree with most of the comments - not a lot to get excited about with Fulham's play, and they may not have deserved the point, but I was glad to see them get it.

It is a point like this that may make the difference.

When are our strikers going to get something going!?!

16. Hoppy

Hoppy New Member

HatterDon. Re the SBS links. You could be right. Certainly available within Oz, but that's not much use to you.

17. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

So who watched the match on TV live?

18. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

I did, and was frustrated for the first 75 minutes of the game. It looked bad at times - real bad.

I literally jumped out off my couch when Dempsey scored. A) it salvaged a point away, and B) hopefully it leads to a start midweek. I also loved his "I'm back!" yelling after the goal. Great to see such emotion. Though I wonder what A. Johnson was saying to him during the celebration.

19. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Us freeloaders in the chat room got a live feed from the internet.

That game was like a round of golf. It sucked 90 percent of the time, you hit one great shot, and you are loaded for bear for the next time. I felt like Fulham just put my guts in a blender and hit puree for most of the match

20. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

I watched it live. Fulham played well the first 15 mins and played well again after Portsmouth scored. Everything in between was depressing.