Porkers of the Month

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Mar 19, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

- ummm... No!

Citizens Against Government Waste has named all 71 Republican and Democrat Senators who voted against the Earmark Moratorium.

They will brook NO criticism on how they spend the money rightfully theirs to buy votes and create campaign funding.

Here's what the Senate Majority Liar had to say:

CAGW responds:
    Which do YOU believe? Need more input?

That "all-knowing, all-powerful executive bureaucracy" would, of course, be the very agencies set up by Congress to do the works they portend to fund.

And we fully understand what that 'basic tenet' is, dont we!

On the OTHER hand, Pork 'distributes' the gravy, as it were. If not for pork, only the issue oriented SIG's would be able to buy off your Elected.

2. pettyfog

Bump... cause it's MORe important than lots of OTHER drivel on here!

3. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

What could be more important than The Tim and Bob Show winning the title of San Antonio's best "cover band"???

...in order to properly respond I would have to do a little more research on this topic.

4. pettyfog

??? Research? thing for fat guys?

5. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

...just those fat guys...I agree, being so close to Chicago, that projects seem to get started and given to those closest to CERTAIN politicians before funding is even finalized or available...

Exhibit 1A...O'Hare International Airport Expansion...I'm looking at you Mayor Richie.

6. pettyfog

'It's just "Bidness", Belle!

7. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

...so is me taking a dump.

8. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Sadly, most citizens just look at pork going into their state as a bonus...or they don't know exactly what it is or how it gets inserted into bills.

When all is said and done...it doesn't exactly take a huge amount of the Federal Budget, but it is a hefty amount of change being spent on projects that were never debated on in either the committee, the senate, or house floor. And there is a quite a bit vote "incentives" that go on with pork.

Basically, I'm against any federal monies going to local and state projects without any debate. Even with debate I would be against "FEDERAL" MONEY GOING TO STATE AND LOCAL PROJECTS. I understand that Alaska would be in a bit of trouble without this practice...but for the love of god, maybe it would force some States to live within their means.

9. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Re: RE: Porkers of the Month

You've just described how Bob Byrd has been in the Senate for almost 50 years, bringing my tax $ home to West VA to fund their roads and theaters. That frosts me to no end