Poison Clarett

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Jan 11, 2005.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Developments today, ESPN / Plain Dealer report the Troy Smith problem was because of his getting some cash to pay Maurice Clarett's cell-phone bill.
    Newspaper connects OSU QB to booster money

This guy just never stops ....

I have a feeling this may actually be a GOOD development in the long run.

The NCAA is going to have to address the issue of irresponsible con-men student athletes.
    But they like what OSU is doing so far..
    NCAA boss Brand praises OSU reform

2. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

the thing is that every major athletic program in the major schools does this for football/basketball players. Just a few get caught. Every once in awhlie, someone will get thrown under the bus (michigan basketball, alabama football).

you can probably take pleasure in knowing that clarette's football career is basically finished now.

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Poison Clarett

This has nothing to do with Clarrett, but I just wanted to say that the expression Johnny used is one of my favorites.
    As for Clarrett, I think it is kind of funny he is ratting out the school. It is not because I am a Michigan fan, but because what he said has some truth to it. I do not want to see the Buckeyes get major penalties and such though. It would not be good for the Big 10.

4. cdubbs

cdubbs New Member

RE: Re: RE: Poison Clarett

How long will it take the Buckeyes to get back on track?

And will Clarett enter the NFL draft, someone let me know.

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Re: RE: Poison Clarett

Well, first of all, Clarrett will be in the NFL Draft this year. I bet he gets picked in the 5th or 6th round by a team. There is no way this kid is playing college football again.
    As for the Buckeyes getting back on track, they may not get derailed. I am not sure what the NCAA is gonna do about all of this. Some fans think little or nothing, while others think it will be a big deal. I really do not know. The penalty or lack of penalty for Ohio State is a crap shoot.

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Poison Clarett

Like I say... this may be a good thing in the long term and OSU is in a good position to weather the storm because of the O'Brien affair and what they are doing proactively... plus this just WEAKENED Clarett's cred with the NCAA on the charges he brings.

And you can bet the most NFL teams will be thinking of some other poisonous characters, like from south Fla, when they consider him.

7. cdubbs

cdubbs New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Poison Clarett

David Boston comes to mind.