Player Transfer Gossip

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Martin-in-Nashville, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

it will be a sad sad day if Roy goes to Liverpool, it understandable when your manager doesn't perform and the club lets him go, but Roy has done a great job for Fulham and Im sure he will turn Liverpool around too, finding a replacement will be a hard task.

2. Lyle

Lyle New Member

People are saying Sven in the newspapers will replace Roy. I'd take Sven if we can get him... and over Hughes.

3. Martin-in-Nashville

Sven would be a great replacement, hopefully anyway!!!

4. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Nothing on the offal, the Guardian, or the Telegraph about the Kopite's creative journalism.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

meanwhile, in San Antonio, an old fat guy has fingers in each ear and is going "namanamanamanamanama" every time this subject comes up.

6. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I dont want Sven (Bob Bradley is better than him). Don, I didnt think men had to put fingers in their ears and "namananhmmmm" to avoid hearing what others have to say.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Now THAT's funny! :lol:

8. fulhamvt

fulhamvt New Member

How many players are going to jump ship if roy leaves? schwartzer will go, brede too? Why would roy take the LFC job without the ownership issue settled that club is in a downward spiral and without managment stability a great coach cannot prevent the inevitable crash. I really hope he doesn't go, this sucks.

9. jmh

jmh New Member

Ugh, I don't even want to THINK about that.

10. jreid19

jreid19 Member

Buffalo, Home of the Wing and City of Raw Deals
    I don't think it will be pretty. It'll be open season on any and all Fulham players with, like you said, Schwarzer heading out first.

11. Martin-in-Nashville

Former Charlton and West Ham boss Alan Curbishley is on Fulham's shortlist to succeed Roy Hodgson as manager, should he join Liverpool. Sven-Goran Eriksson, Mark Hughes and Tony Mowbray are the others being considered.
    Full story: goal.com

OTHER GOSSIP
    Roy Hodgson will move a step nearer becoming Liverpool's next manager after completing his role with BBC Sport at the World Cup.
    Full story: Daily Mail

Fulham are lining up Sven-Goran Eriksson as Hodgson's replacement.
    Full story: Daily Mirror

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and Roy continues to say that he has not discussed the management position @ Liverpool and that he has no control over what the newspapers decide to say.

13. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Roy's not going to publicly announce anything until any deal is finalized - he's too classy and professional. However, the numerous rumors to 'pool are making me nervous.

14. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

if we lose Roy, i have a horrible feeling we're going back to the shit relegation scrap days. hopefully Eriksson is on the shortlist as hes a decent club manager and would force mo to splash some cash. Curbishley sounds more right though sadly.

15. BC

BC New Member

It's very frustrating that anytime a smaller club such as us has a measure of success, the bigger clubs swoop in and pluck away our manager and best players. How can a small club ever hope to be continuously successful under such a system? I think Roy would be mistaken to take the Liverpool job. Couldn't fault him for England though. I really wish the USSF would make move for him though. Imagine our boys under Roy? Semifinal anyone? :)

16. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Roy for US is a pipe dream UNLESS he always wanted to sample living in SoCal.
    I am torn about SGE.. I think he tends to lose the plot. He really was undercut at ManCity but gotta admit his club record looks good.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Far more horrifying prospect: David James to Fulham

- I just dont like the guy.. sorry.

17. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Speaking of Edson Buddle...
    NOTW sez Fulham is intrigued with Buddle... a few obscure blogs take it and run.

Well.. that's news of the world, aint it. And it wasnt all that hard for some Intern to suss out and write.

I bantered about this on the GALs MB after I saw some really silly pronouncements that neither Donovan nor Buddle would leave LA... - also, that no major league club would sign him because BB didnt play him much.

- On the sidebar of that NOTW Buddle article, when I first looked, was the shocker that FFC were looking at Green to replace Schwartzer.

18. Martin-in-Nashville

Whats actually stupid about all this so far is, Roy hasn't left and hopefully wont be all the talk is about he's replacement?

19. Martin-in-Nashville

OMG well lets take Upson too and have the worse defence in the league let alone the EPL

20. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

GAH! Woy, David James to Fulham, etc...

This thread is making me ill. I will not be visiting it for a while. Nothing personal, anyone.