Player Transfer Gossip

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Martin-in-Nashville, Mar 9, 2010.

1. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

Standard's heavy European schedule may have taken a toll on their league performance this season. They made it to the Champions League group stage, and then the Europa quarterfinals - I think they've typically been bounced long before that in the past few seasons.

Don't really know anything about this guy, though the Radzinski experience makes me a little nervous about Belgian scorers.

2. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood has confirmed the Gunners are interested in signing Fulham goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer and has hinted defender William Gallas will leave the club after failing to get the two-year contract he wanted.
    Full story: Daily Star

Fulham hope to see off late interest from Birmingham and West Ham to sign Standard Liege's Congo international striker Dieumerci Mbokani for £8m.
    Full story: Daily Mail

Liverpool remain keen to offer their vacant manager's position to Fulham boss Roy Hodgson, despite Anfield legend Kenny Dalglish's interest in returning to the post.
    Full story: the Guardian

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Checked into an EFC forum.

Fans generally glad Senderos left for Fulham. Roy sees unused potential?

Some have doubts about Mbokani, say he only performs well in showcase matches.. did nothing in league play. But some say Moyes should match FFC offer and have a talk.
    "Surely he'd rather play at EFC"

Well, yeah .. maybe, I replied... but would he rather live in Liverpool than London?
    - I assume Roy doees extended interviews before final offer and he can sort that question of performance out.

And let's suppose Roy does want to move to a 'Bigger Club'. You think the man hasnt seen enough of the sort of drama he'd face at LFC?!!!
    - somehow I think it would take new ownership from Dubai to get him in there.
    - OTOH: Hicks and Gillette COULD offer him Ferguson level salary .. thinking Roy could whip lesser players into a team that actually make LFC worth the 800Million.

hmmm....

4. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

A big, bad Striker is Mbokani.

Senderos is a quality signing.

Damn, very weird having actual discovered talent coming our way.

5. jmh

jmh New Member

It's starting to look like Barcelona are going to spend however much it takes to sign Fabregas (seems like every other article on their club website is about how much they want him), and if they do then Wenger will have a lot to spend if he wants Schwarzer and/or Hangeland.

6. Martin-in-Nashville

Fulham's Nigerian midfielder Dickson Etuhu and St Etienne's Argentine striker Gonzalo Bergessio are two other targets for new West Ham boss Avram Grant.
    Full story: Daily Mail

Birmingham boss Alex McLeish is set to improve his offer for Fulham defender Paul Konchesky to £2m, having had an initial offer of £1.5m turned down by the Cottagers.
    Full story: the Sun

7. pettyfog

Wow! A Whole £2m!!!!
    Effin' Cheapskate!

8. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Dickson is a poor man's Yaya Toure... I like him.

9. Martin-in-Nashville

Hey PF You ever tried getting money out of a Scotsman? You have more chance with blood from a stone.

10. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

If they had that kind of scratch to spend, I say it doesn't go to the manager -- to a player, to putting a spade in the ground for a new field, but they'll try to recycle a LFC fan favorite for fewer dollars. You heard it here first.

11. pettyfog

12. Martin-in-Nashville

Fulham have made an official approach for Aston Villa midfielder Steve Sidwell.
    Full story: Daily Mirror

Fulham, Blackburn and West Ham are all keeping tabs on Bristol City striker Nicky Maynard, whose club has already rejected a £3.75m offer from Burnley.

13. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

The Standard guy only being wanted by the likes of West Brom worries me as does the price. 4 goals isnt exactly what im looking forin a forward.

everything else sounds like its been a good summer so far.

14. Lyle

Lyle New Member

The way to look at is that it allows Fulham to go get him after a down or off year. The guy has been compared to Drogba. Again, like with Roy Hodgson, he's likely the best Fulham can go and get.

15. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

If I remember correctly, your not exactly fond of him Don but I for one woulnd't mind Sidwell if we can get him cheap. The dude was very good a few years back for Reading and I believe in Roy when it comes to reigniting a players career.

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

don't seem to remember being down on him as a player, but I do remember trashing him because he gave up regular first team football for a big paycheck at Chelsea. I think he's a useful player, and I never doubt Roy's ability to help a good player.

17. Martin-in-Nashville

Fulham striker Bobby Zamora wants to stay at Craven Cottage and looks set to reject moves by Birmingham City to land his signature this summer.

Anfield legend Kenny Dalglish's future at Liverpool could be in doubt if they appoint Fulham manager Roy Hodgson as their new manager because the Scot believes he could do the job better himself.
    Full story: the Times

Liverpool are eager to secure Hodgson as soon as possible in case Fabio Capello leaves his post as England manager and the Football Association turns its attention to the Fulham boss.
    Full story: the Guardian

18. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

regardless of whether Roy stays or goes, can we just start building the statue outside the Cottage already?

19. Martin-in-Nashville

DOUBLE Whammy Bad News!!! if either happens let alone both.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is set to win his battle for Fulham goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer after offering £3.5m for the Australian.

Fulham manager Roy Hodgson is expected to fly back from the World Cup to tie up a deal to become Liverpool's new boss.

20. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member