Player Transfer Gossip

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Martin-in-Nashville, Mar 9, 2010.

1. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

There was a few rumors today. I expect the rumors to start flying in now as the season is almost over.

Koncheskey to either Bolton or Birmingham. I really couldn't care if he stays or goes.

Frederic Piquionne from Portsmouth was linked to us. He's a 31 year old forward who's had just an OK season in the premier league. I've never been impressed by his game and his age means he's probably on the downside of his career. I'd pass.

Somen Tchoyi from Red Bull Salzburg is another player to be linked to us today. He's a Cameroon international and a midfielder. Apparently he's fast as well. Don't know anything about him, but we should be able to see him play next month.

2. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

I'm with you on Koncheskey I like he's attack play but he's defending can allow the odd goal.

As far as Piquionne goes I dont think Fulham should be signing 31 year olds, there past there prime in my book, look for a younger striker maybe?

3. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Steve Sidwell was linked today. I've no doubt he will be looking to leave Villa so this is definitely a possibility.

4. Martin-in-Nashville

Wolves, Fulham and Birmingham are checking out 17-year-old Shrewsbury forward Tom Bradshaw. (the Sun)

OTHER GOSSIP
    England manager Fabio Capello has sent e-mails to 45 players, including Fulham striker Bobby Zamora, advising them they are under consideration for this summer's World Cup, while Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher is set to be named in Capello's 30-man squad on Tuesday. (Daily Telegraph)

5. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

we are being linked to:

Curtis Davies from Aston Villa
    Magne Hoseth from some team in Norway
    Damien Marcq from some French team (at least I think it's French)

6. Martin-in-Nashville

Birmingham have made an official approach to sign Fulham striker Bobby Zamora, with boss Alex McLeish undeterred by the failure of his attempts to sign the 29-year-old earlier in the season.
    Full story: Daily Mirror

Fulham are interested in Aston Villa central defender Curtis Davies who cost the club £8m from West Bromwich Albion in 2008.
    Full story: Daily Mail

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

It makes no sense for us to sell Zamora to a team with which we'll be competing for a Europa League position next season.

I quite like Davies.

8. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

9. jmh

jmh New Member

Koren is about a year younger than Davies, year and a half younger than Duff. Not exactly the start of a youth movement if we were to sign him.

And for the sake of variety, can't we sign someone from somewhere OTHER THAN WBA?

10. ToviFromSantaBarbara

ToviFromSantaBarbara New Member

ehh on Koren, i think we can do a bit better.

On Zamora, i dont want him to go, i want to see if he can build on his success this year and reach that next tier of successful EPL striker. I dont think other teams will believe in him as much as we do right now. If he does the same thing for us next year, not even better, just the same, i think his price goes way up and we could possibly capitilize on it then. But not yet. If we sell, most likely we will not get what we hope.

I could be swayed if we were rumoured for someone much better than Piquionne level, although he's not bad.

11. Martin-in-Nashville

West Ham have rejected bids from Fulham, Birmingham and Stoke for striker Carlton Cole as none of their offers matched the Hammers' £15m valuation.
    Full story: Daily Telegraph

But Jimmy Bullard could be leaving the KC Stadium for a season-long loan at Celtic.
    Full story: Daily Star

12. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Rocky should hold up real well in the SPL. :twisted:

13. jmh

jmh New Member

Speaking of transfer rumors involving central midfielders... any chance we can get Steven Davis back from Rangers now that it's starting to look like we need an heir-apparent for Murphy as a creative central midfielder? He was the SPL's Player of the Year this year.

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

He IS the perfect replacement. It was because he was so similar that he was excess to our needs. I'd LOVE to get him back, but he's still got Sanchez all over him so I'd expect him to get crap if we did.

15. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I think Stephen Ireland would be the perfect replacement - but then again, I regularly hope for things that are improbable.

Seriously, Mr. Davis would be a nice addition under Hodgson - plus he could wear Murphy's old uniform as they're essentially the same size.

16. jmh

jmh New Member

Wow, Stephen Ireland is only 23, I would've guessed he was five years older than that. Still, A) I can't really see Man City selling him, and B) he's kind of a dick and Roy avoids that type of player.

17. Martin-in-Nashville

Birmingham City are considering a £2.5m bid for Fulham full-back Paul Konchesky.
    Full story: Daily Mail

The Blues have also joined the race for Burnley striker Steven Fletcher as their hopes of landing Fulham's Bobby Zamora fade

Fulham are ready to table a pre-World Cup bid of £1m for Hibernian defender Sol Bamba. (Scottish Daily Express)

18. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

We are being linked with Rochdale defender Craig Dawson though Boro are considered favorites for his services

19. Martin-in-Nashville

I would love to see Stephen Ireland in Black and white but also don't believe it will happen, come on Roy surprise us!!

20. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I would be shocked if Hodgson was willing to put up with someone like Ireland.

I still cringe when I think about the superman underwear. What an idiot. And he's a liar. Cant imagine someone like that contaminating the Fulham pitch and jersey, contaminating the legacy of the many class players that have been whites.