Player Transfer Gossip

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Martin-in-Nashville, Mar 9, 2010.

1. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

We have been linked to Bryan Ruiz from FC Twente. Yes, this is the same player who plays for Costa Rica. He's scored 23 goals in 30 games and the price tag is £13m. I have seen him play a few times and was impressed, but the price tag is too much for a player unproven in one of the big leagues in Europe.

I really doubt we're actually thinking about this, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

thanks, 24, if only for keeping the thread alive.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Starting with MiN's post on Rooney transfer rumors, the thread's been split to 'Mad money...'

4. jmh

jmh New Member

I guess they're in an interesting situation in that as well as Vermaelen has turned as well as they could've hoped, but Gallas is old, Wenger pretty clearly seems not to think Senderos is good enough, and they're so devoid of other options that 90-year-old Sol Campbell has played the third most games for them at center back this season. So that area still is a hole for them.

Of course, this was all the case last summer, minus knowing that Vermaelen would adjust well to the Premier League, and they didn't bid for Hangeland then, so I don't see why they would now.

5. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Two more linked today, John Carew from Villa and Paul Scharner.

There's no way Hodgson is thinking about Scharner after his performance against us and I thought Carew was important to Villa? I doubt that either rumor is true. I do wish Scharner would sign for somebody else though. I'm tired of reading the damn rumours of him coming here.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

If somebody sneezes anywhere in Europe, somebody will think he heard that we are interested in Sharner. As for Carew, I think we had a shot at him three or four years ago and turned him down for medical reasons.

I'm with 24 on Carew. I think he's just what Villa needs, since Agbonlahor is a speedster with no bulk and he needs a Zamora-type to keep the defense honest.

7. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

I know he's a Hot head but I would him at Fulham:

Manchester City striker Craig Bellamy's relationship with manager Roberto Mancini has reached breaking point, with the Wales international wanting a move from Eastlands in the summer if the Italian remains in charge.

8. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

I'll admit to not having seen that much of him, but doesn't he hang out wide a bit too much? He strikes me as being AJ v2.0 with a little more speed.

9. jmh

jmh New Member

Bellamy is awfully good but I can't see Roy taking on a headcase like him.

10. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

In the past few days we've been linked to two more players. These players are Jelle Van Damme and Hugo Rodallega.

Van Damme played for Saints five years ago and now plays for Anderlecht. I think I'll pass on this.

I haven't watched Rodallega much this season, but he's always impressed me in the past. It wouldn't be a horrible signing.

Oh and the Daily Mail has written a somewhat useless story about John Carew and Fulham. No info other than he's out of contract next summer. So this rumour might actually go somewhere if they can't agree a contract.

11. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

Here we go again...

Tottenham are battling it out with Arsenal to sign Fulham centre-back Brede Hangeland.
    Full story: caughtoffside.com

12. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

It could be a long summer if Capello quits.

13. pettyfog

WTH did that come from?

Why would Capello quit, NOW? Unless he no longer wishes to manage above the 2nd division level.

Or is that wishful thinking on England fans' part?

14. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

It came from the fact that if he doesn't win the World Cup then everybody in England will be calling for his head and he'll just go back to Madrid or some other top club. Once he quits, I fully expect Hodgson to be named England manager.

15. pettyfog

Oh... make it clear then.

So now we have:
    IF Capello wins the WC, he will quit.
    - unless he's a masochistic idiot, who wouldnt!

If he DOESNT win the WC he'll be booted.
    - not reasonable, but hey...

My guess.. If England dont get to final 4, it's pretty obvious.

I put that at 2:1 Capello's gone

I est 50% then, that Hodgson is asked and 50% that he will accept.
    - It's FOUR YEARS, folks!
    ----------------------------------
    ADDED: SCJoe has a point, below. So Obvious and I missed it.
    Okay... 95% to accept.

NOTHING is ever '100' certain.

16. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

IF asked, 100% Roy would take it. Don't forget that the European Championships are only 2 years away.

17. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

We have been linked to Jeremain Lens. Apparently he's fast and good on the counter attack. He plays for AZ Alkmaar.

This is the third fast talented forward we've been linked to so far. This is good news as we have absolutely nobody up top with excellent speed.

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

A Lens man, huh? Does E. E. (Doc) Smith know?

arcane SF reference. Anybody dig?

19. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Two more players linked. Connor Wickham from Ipswich and Glfyi Sigurdsson from Reading.

I know nothing about either player, but I looked up Wickham and he's a 17 year old forward who has played a season in the championship already. He's rated at £5m, but that price could skyrocket as Tottenham are also interested.

I just looked up Sigurdsson and he was Reading's player of the year and has scored 20 goals in 38 appearances for them since 2008. Not bad for a winger.

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

beware of wingers from Reading. Just sayin'