Player Transfer Gossip

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Martin-in-Nashville, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

Your going to be in trouble saying all that Morry?

Zamora for England yeah right, Boy did Capello do him a BIG BIG Favour or what???

2. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

3. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up, LAX.

Greening was inked to a two year deal today, but no indication of any transfer fee.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 03,00.html

Let's get a new manager in so we can get on with this transfer business, shall we, Fulham? I suspect they'll be some funds for the new boss to bring in a few of "his" players, at least I'd hope so given the Smalling sale.

COYW

4. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Nev - your avitar/picture/whatever you want to call it, makes me want to puke.

5. jmh

jmh New Member

Do we have any reason to believe that any of them don't want to be here?

6. Martin-in-Nashville

Mo I know you read articles from this site, So PLEASE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to either,Thanks.

Glenn Hoddle has joined the race to succeed Roy Hodgson as Fulham manager, with former Celtic boss Tony Mowbray also believed to be a strong contender.
    Full story: goal.com

7. GreekFootballer

GreekFootballer New Member

Just my two cents but here goes...

I think that if Arsenal offers close to 4mil for the Aussie, it would be hard to not cash in. I haven't been tracking Stockdale as well as I should, but he's in the his mid-20s now, this is his chance and I think we should give him the #1 but sign a veteran for protection.

Holding on to Hangeland is a must. He is a rock. Offer to raise his pay packet if necessary. Same for Dempsey.

If Murphy wants to go reunite with Woy at Liverpool, let him. I think it's hard to simply axe a captain so I think that'd be ideal. If he does leave, I don't know who'd replace him though. I don't think Chicago is ready for big time.

I think if someone offers big money for Zamora we have to let him go. I don't think he'll ever be worth as much as he is now. I think Woy absolutely got the best out of him, and I'd love to think he could repeat last year, but my gut says no.

I think the wild card for this season has to be the forgotten man Andy Johnson. If he comes back strong, that is beyond huge.

Personally, I think the doomsday theories are a bit exaggerated. Certainly, if you're not a top 7 team, then there's some threat of being relegated, but we're surely not frontrunners for the drop.

However all this madness turns out, I'll still be a Fulham supporter. We have the best fans in the Premier League (what is it, three years in a row now in the good sportsmanship awards?), a good new sponsorship deal, a great owner, and the view of the River Thames from the Hammersmith End is still one of the greatest views I’ll ever see in my life.

Sorry if I got a little sappy there at the end, but the point I’m trying to make is that we’ll be fine. I mean, we have to be, we’re Fulham for chrissake.

8. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

yeah well t'anks for nuttin' 'bhoy, now his is avatar is making me puke. Can I have a bucket?

9. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Puking is like yawning, you witness it and it becomes contagious. I'm getting queezy...Dammit Nev, enough of the torture!

10. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Rumor is we're trying to get Sidwell; he'd slot in well as a Murphy replacement if Danny goes to rejoin Roy.

11. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STB4s7Qhf40

12. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

There you go again Nev-
    Make'n friends & influencing people... 8)

13. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I think they must want a pine-riding buddy for Gooch.

God, I HATE serieA and most especially I hate AC Mafia. The most corrupt league in the world and the main corrupter of that league. I doubt Dempsey would go, but if he does, I guess I'll only watch him when he plays for USMNT.

15. Martin-in-Nashville

Fulham are planning to make a formal approach to the agent of former England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson to find out whether the Swede, who coached Ivory Coast at the World Cup, would be interested in replacing Roy Hodgson at Craven Cottage. (Daily Star)

However, former Fulham midfielder Lee Clark, currently the manager at Huddersfield, is the favourite for the Craven Cottage post as he heads a shortlist of three, which also includes Mark Hughes and Alan Curbishley.
    Full Story: Daily Mirror

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Newcastle Lands Perch

That would be Forest's James Perch.

Yes, I know it's nothing to do with Fulham, but, really, how's that for a headline?

17. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

18. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Actually, it wasn't all that long ago on this very thread

20. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Ah, well.. I blame LeBron madness