Player Sponsorship

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by NJGlen, Apr 14, 2005.

1. rumstove

rumstove New Member

Re: RE: Player Sponsorship

Is time up or are you still taking donations? How much longer will the club hold him?

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Player Sponsorship

We are definitely still accepting donations for this. I put an email into the representative at the club who is taking care of this for us and I am waiting to hear back from him as to how long they will hold Brian McBride for us. Any and all donations are appreciated.

Cheers!

3. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

RE: Re: RE: Player Sponsorship

update?

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

We are still about $300 short. We are getting closer little by little and we will make this happen. I spoke with a rep at the club who takes care of the player sponsorship and he has given us an additional two weeks to raise the money. Thus, we need $300 in the next two weeks. Can we make it happen?

Thanks to all of you who have donated to the cause! We really appreciate it!

5. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

I shall sell my body on the streets of DC tonight

I'll donate the $3 tomorrow morning

6. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Actually, I just checked, we are $350 short right now.

7. ClevelandSimon

ClevelandSimon Member

Would listing those who donated be too much?

8. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Re: RE: Re: RE: Player Sponsorship

Not sure...I would hate to put people how haven't donated on the spot.

9. rumstove

rumstove New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Player Sponsorship

any updates?

10. fulhamvt

fulhamvt New Member

new to site ? on sponsership

Sorry if I should know this, but what does it mean to sponser a player. Are we raising money to donate to the player himself? Does the money raised go to the players chosen charity? is this some sort of hey this group over hear thinks your great and we are taking out an add in the program to say so? Could someone explain the concept or point me to a site that would explain it. thanks

mike

11. Jux

Jux New Member

Re: new to site ? on sponsership

Mike,

Sponsoring a player would allow Fulham USA to be listed with that player on matchday programs for this season. I also think that the site will be listed next to that player's profile on the website (or at least others in the past have). The website might cost additional money. ChicagoTom sums it up better here:

http://www.fulhamusa.com/modules.php?op ... =0&thold=0

12. mrsjux

mrsjux New Member

RE: Re: new to site ? on sponsership

That's an excellent question, fulhamvt...as far as where the money goes, I would imagine it goes to the club-sort of like getting a museum or theatre membership, and the money goes to some capital fund (can you tell I work in the non-profit world?). I'm new to the Fulham world, but I'm gathering that they're certainly not the richest club in the EPL. By sponsoring a player, we're helping the club, and we get a sense of ownership-as well as letting McBride and the team know that we're behind the team from across the pond.

As I said, I'm making some assumptions here-I'm sure there's much more to it than that...

Good morning, all, by the way.

13. ClevelandSimon

ClevelandSimon Member

RE: Re: new to site ? on sponsership

In days gone by it use to be Kit sponsorship (paying for boots, shirts, shorts for that player etc), don't know if they still call it this.

14. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Re: new to site ? on sponsership

That is exactly what it is RedCoat. We are literally paying for McBride's kits each and every week. In addition, we are getting the FulhamUSA.com name in the match programme each and every week. Thus, when you are watching Fulham play this season, you can say you contributed to McBride's kit he is wearing on the pitch!

15. rumstove

rumstove New Member

Will the FulhamUSA.com name also be listed in McBride's pic at the top of his profile on the Fulhamfc.com site? I noticed some other players' sponsors were listed in the players' profiles.

16. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Yes, FulhamUSA.com will be named with McBride's profile.

17. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Re: new to site ? on sponsership

I received a response from Jenny Gower at the club about my email and the petition. Unfortunately, it was very standard and similar to other responses people have received from the club.

Let it be known that I am still going to boycott FulhamTV and I hope the rest of you will consider it. We cannot let the club get away with this.

Here is the email:

Dear Tom

Thank you for your email.?

I understand that you are disappointed with the price of Fulham TV this season.

I have been advised that features are going to be added to the Fulham TV package including behind the scenes footage and interviews and when paying the ?50 annual subscription this equates to ?1.32 a game. I would however like to assure you that I have noted your comments and passed them on to our Commercial Department for their consideration.

Regards

Jenny Gower

18. DCDave

DCDave Member

How close are we now to the $900 for McBride?

19. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

$40 short as of this morning! Thanks to all who contributed. It is very much appreciated.

20. ClevelandSimon

ClevelandSimon Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: new to site ? on sponsership

Congrats ChicagoTom, that was your 1000th post to this board!!! I have a little catching up to do... :D