Player Sponsorship

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by NJGlen, Apr 14, 2005.

1. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Can we all dog into our pockets and sponsor a player for next season? I would have thought it would only be a few dollars each. We could run a poll on who to sponsor. Just a thought.

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I have been in contact with the rep at Fulham about doing this and I think it is a great idea! I think he told me it would be arounf $1000 American Dollars. With 354 members, I think we can put our cash together and do this. I think it would be a great way to continue to bridge FulhamUSA with Fulham FC in London.

Glen, I will keep everyone posted on this. Good thoughts and ideas.

3. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

If we sponsored a player who would it be?! I mean, McBride would be an obvious choice since, well, he's American but maybe another player would be good as not to be so predictable.

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I think this is something we should vote on, but I am all for McBride!

5. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

McBride sounds good to me - a good Irish name!

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I'm poor but I'll do 20 bucks

If we hurried, we could present McBride with a shirt in July.

There's Crew fans would be interested as well... long as they sign up on FUSA, i say let 'em in on it.

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

This is something I think we are going to bring up in the next two weeks. I would love for us to get enough money to sponsor McBride. It costs around $900 to do it. I think we could all pitch in and get it done. We will have details on how to donate money to this venture shortly. Stay tuned.

8. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Count me in too.

9. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

It costs in the are of $900 to do this, but I think we can raise that money from some of the 391 or so members we have. The details of this will come out later in June.

10. kdturtle

kdturtle New Member

Count me in too.

11. Jux

Jux New Member

Sounds great! Count me in.

12. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

We have kicked off the Fundraising Drive to Sponsor a Player. We need $900 in about three and a half weeks. Any and all help would be appreciated.

If you want to donate, go to the homepage and there is a Paypal link on the right you can click on to donate. If you do not have a paypal link, please send me an email and you can potentially mail me a check or money order and I will put it in the fund for you.

We are slated to sponsor Brian McBride. I spoke with the club and they have Brian on hold for us pending us getting the money to them the first week of August.

Thanks!

13. ob

ob New Member

I think this is a great idea, and I just contributed. Let's make this happen folks!

14. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Thank you to all who have contributed thus far. We have collected $172.00 so far. We have a ways to go, but I think we can manage to reach $900. Thanks again!

15. nowayjeff

nowayjeff New Member

Just a thought. But maybe an impromptu auction is in order, after the game at the ol Pigfrogmousebear pub. Members could bring something Fulhamish and we could just kind of auction it off. I have a few items that I could bring such as signed Fulham books, past programs, end of season videos..That way people would be helping the cause and getting something to take home with 'em. Does this sound like something anybody but me finds worthwhile?

16. nowayjeff

nowayjeff New Member

Just a thought. But maybe an impromptu auction is in order, after the game at the ol Pigfrogmousebear pub. Members could bring something Fulhamish and we could just kind of auction it off. I have a few items that I could bring such as signed Fulham books, past programs, end of season videos..That way people would be helping the cause and getting something to take home with 'em. Does this sound like something anybody but me finds worthwhile?

17. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

It could be worthwhile. It depends on how many items we could round up.

18. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Re: RE: Player Sponsorship

We could do something like this but I think it would be better through ebay...the club may be able to donate some stuff to help raise some funds.

We have had some more donations and its coming along but thank you to all who helped us out, its greatly appreciated.

19. ClevelandSimon

ClevelandSimon Member

RE: Re: RE: Player Sponsorship

Are we close to getting the required amount? Maybe one more e-mail with a total needed to get this going is required. It would sure be nice to see Fulham USA in the Fulham program for McBride.

20. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Re: RE: Player Sponsorship

No, we are still about $550 away from making this happen. Special thanks to those who have contributed. It is appreciated!