Player Sponsorship Question(s)

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by SoCalJoe, Feb 15, 2007.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Remember when your teacher told you "there are no dumb questions"?
    Well...
    One of the first items you notice when you sign up on the site is the 'Sponsoring a Player' link. I noticed that it was sold out back when I joined. Then the question of who next to sponsor...Los, Volzy, etc. was bounced around. I've always wonder what exactly is a sponsorship? Does the money go to the player's charity of choice? Are there announcements in the official team progam? Just looking for a little enlightenment.

2. DCDave

DCDave Member

We sponsor Brian McBride (for about $1200 or so, as I recall) and get:
    * A mention in the program and on his web page on the team's site
    * Invitations to a gathering of sponsors at Motspur Park with the players
    * A kit of McBride signed by the whole team
    * A few other goodies (I'm probably leaving out something important)

Tom and Mike have a raffle of all members who donate to pass out the goodies. I was honored to win the McBride jersey and as soon as our home renovation is done, it will again hand in a place of honor in our house.

From what I've been told, this goes back to the days when the sponsorship money actually went to pay for the player's kit.

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info Dave, belated congrats on winning the kit!!