Pitch invader attacks Alkmaar keeper, gets beaten

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by jimsig, Dec 22, 2011.

1. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

They have rescinded the red card given to the goalkeeper for defending himself, and insuring that he didnt have to defend himself again so it appears to have all been eventually dealt with reasonably

3. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Sheesh...thankfully most idiots just run out onto field to get chased by security. This fool took on a player? I hope he gets to think it over a couple of nights in jail.

4. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

The Dutch FA (not sure of the correct name) are deciding whether to award the 1-0 win to Ajax, replay, or start from where it was abandoned. Since Ajax was the home team and responsible for security, I certainly don't feel it should be the first option...

5. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

This story is hilarious! Watched PTI and hearing Wilbon talk about this was the best thing on TV in awhile. The funniest part was when the keeper thought another fan was attacking and was about to knock out the security guard.

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Sounds like logic will prevail, which in itself is a stunner. Just glad the ref wasn't in the chair the day Monica Seles was attacked or he probably would have ruled a Seles forfeit.

7. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Wasn't it during one of the Patriots Super Bowls someone ran on the field and the Partiots player closelined him?

8. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

The 2004 Super Bowl, Pats v Panthers, Matt Chatham tackled Mark Roberts (the brit serial streaker) after the halftime show. The guy dressed as a ref then stripped to show only a thong. Roberts was fined a $1000 for trespassing.

here's an article on the streaker (may not want to click on it) :shock:

Anyway, the whole will the game be replayed question has me remembering a game Fulham were apart of. (Not that I was fan that day...only 4 at the time and could have cared less about footy, more of a strawberry shortcake supporter then :? )

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW0mNuQPokQ[/youtube]
    :evil:

Let's hope the dutch get it right and the game is replayed.

9. Clevelandmo

10. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

Good for the Dutch "FA". Hmm..I wonder if you'd get a ban for sneeking in to watch the game...

11. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Glad to see cooler heads prevail

12. Clevelandmo

13. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

Did Jozy play?

14. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Yes, he came off the bench for the last 10 minutes of the game.