Philly Fulham Fan

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by EWebb4, Mar 5, 2007.

1. EWebb4

EWebb4 New Member

Wanted to say hello, I am new to the site. I saw the great article on Soccernet about the site. Huge Fulham fan but just huge soccer (I guess we call it soccer on here) fan in general. However, I would be lying if that were my only purpose on the site. I am actually taking a trip with my girlfriend to Europe in May and it happens to fall on the Fulham v. Liverpool match on May 4th. I am hoping for some guidance on the best way to get tickets. I understand I picked a pretty popular game, but unfortunately this was the only time I could go. If anyone could let me know some info, I would greatly appreciate it. Look forward to exploring the site. Cheers!

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Good for you!

We're glad to have you.. and I hope you get some help from somewhere. Though, as you say it will most likely be sold out.

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

EWebb4, Mike might be able to help you with the tickets for the match. He lives over there and is a season ticket holder. With it being the Liverpool match and on top of that, the last home match of the season, it could be tougher than usual, but Mike, as always, will do his best.

Also, go Phillies!!

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

The fact that the game is a sellout certainly can't come as a surprise, but it does lead me to a question. Over here we're so used to seeing guys in the parking lots with their "need tickets" signs (which of course means they have tickets to sell) that there really isn't a sporting event you can't show up and pay your way in. Is scalping illegal in England?? Do they have "legalized scalping" ala ticket agencies here in California?? Just an aside, CT you must be a Sox fan, because a Cubs fan can't be wishing the Phillies well.

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I am a White Sox and Phillies fan. When I was growing up, I loved the Cubs, but over the last ten years, I got sick and tired of all the "fake" Cub fans and the frat party that is Wrigley Field and just the whole surroundings of the Cubs. Living in Chicago and hearing all the Cub fans got old in a hurry and thus I switched to the White Sox because they were the "small market" team and always played the second fiddle to the Cubs. Ironically enough, they won the World Series and the Cubs are still waiting for theirs.

As for the Phillies, I am cheering for them as my brother likes them and got me on board last season.

6. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Hi EWebb4,

Welcome to the site, you will struggle to get tickets. They will go to season ticket holders, then members before general sales. If a season ticket holder or member puts you on their ticket they are responsible for your conduct. If you behave in a disreputable way they can have their season ticket and a ban imposed on the purchaser.

You can try contacting the booking office directly and asking them. Their details can be found on the main FFC website, they may be sympathetic.

Good luck and hope you make it. The last game of the season is special (as long as you're not relegated).

7. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

GBFC; thanks for the info about PG tips, so I take it that there aren't guys walking around outside The Cottage selling tickets? Interesting to hear about the code of conduct and the fact you're responsible for another person's behavior (hard to imagine losing a season ticket because someone else acts like an idiot).