Pelosi laughs at 'Culture of Corruption'

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

I voted Democrat across the ticket(other than Minn Gov). I fully acknowledge they too have their corruption issues. Whether its as bad as the problems of their friends across the aisle is not clear to me.

If they don't clean it up than it may well cost them my vote in the future.

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I'm aware that each Congress is going to have its corruption schemes, Petty. But I still don't think it's as bad as people think it is. Most of the Senators and Reps seem to be low-key, get the job done kind of people. There's 535 members of Congress and probably only a few dozen that are recognized nationally. People's perceptions tend to be cynical and jaded because of what they see on cable news shows, talk-radio, and newspapers (who tend to make a mountain out of an ant-hill, so they can sell advertisement).

The thing that bothers me about politics these days is the fact that people have become so narrow-minded by party politics. I feel like critical thinking is no longer used as to discerning why a politician or a policy maker made a difficult choice or looking at the complete picture. Excuses are made by a political party's followers while the other political party's followers cry murder. When the truth is somewhere in between. I have no problems with people being critical of their government, it's the cynicism that gets on my nerves.

On that note...I would like to pay tribute to man who passed away yesterday, that made me think about politics and economics more critically, with this article.

http://www.tcsdaily.com/article.aspx?id=111706C

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Heh.. read that!
    Sorta sums things up..

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

DCH, What a wonderful post. Thanks for a delightful read.