Pelosi laughs at 'Culture of Corruption'

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Nov 15, 2006.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

She must be laughing at her little meme, which helped defeat the Republicans and get her in power...
    She is going to install the biggest high-profile crook in the House as Majority Leader.

Looks like another issue to bring together Progressives and Conservatives..

Meanwhile Trent Lott wants back in leadership role... it's as if these guys learned NOTHING from the election!

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

So, let me see. Murtha turned down a $50,000 "bribe" from an FBI agent in a sting operation 25 years ago [on video tape], and HE's the biggest high-profile crook in the House?

Desperate much? Or is it just a knee jerk reaction of the Bushy neocons against anyone who didn't avoid Vietnam?

3. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Lott is now the Minority Whip, he beat Lamar Alexander by 1 vote.

25-24, close game...err, vote.

4. pettyfog

uh... NO... he said, 'I'll get back to you'

Keep them blinders on, Don... the guys a piece of crap!

5. pettyfog

S$@!$T!

Like i said, they aint learned anything!

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Sometimes the whip position is an indicator of someone on the way up, but sometimes it's the "we like your organizational skills, but you're yesterday's man" thing.

The thing to remember is that in the last two years Lott has distanced himself from not only the Administration, but also Bill Frist's leadership. This might be an attempt to salve some wounds.

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Lott is and was good at getting the votes needed and at least getting bills moving...it's not all bad Petty.

Frist is a nice guy, but he couldn't organize anything properly, as you can tell by delays in getting important bills passed in a timely manner.

8. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

A man who likes to keep his options open. I think that pretty well covers ALL men.

9. pettyfog

Yeah... keeping the graft options open.

That's why he and Lott tried like hell to kill Obama-Coburn bill to shine light on pork.

and BTW...I'm on record here, LONG before the elections, pointing out the grifters in my own party.

unlike some....
    :twisted:

10. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Could he have learned his lesson though? Can we not chalk that up as a younger indiscretion, like say, the President of the United States snorting coke in the bathroom at parties until he was around 35?

11. pettyfog

Uh... yeah... except he was bragging last month about all the pork he brought home.
    I'm betting the ONLY thing he's reformed from is being a Marine.

Now he's a French Field-Marshall:

[​IMG]

Oh...
    And Dubya was a drunk and traffic violator too... dont forget that.

Cheeez!

12. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

I'm sure his constituents appreciate the pork, and there is nothing against the law about that. If you disagree with pork, you need to contact your senator and representatives and tell them you don't like it. I'm sure paved roads and traffic signals are not much more than a luxury in your part of Ohio.

Glass Houses, Petty.

13. pettyfog

Bull shit... HE JUST RECENTLY HAS TRIED ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING to keep people from finding out who was getting money and how... quit defending creeps..
    READ UP!!!

Remember those guys who outed Foley and shot Hastert in the foot.. or loaded the gun for him"? Why wont you believe them, NOW? WHAT do you think I'm talking about when I say Progressives and Conservatives are both against him?

Glass houses, my ass. See above!!!

14. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

To throw Pettyfog a bone (from Roll Call, Headline "Murtha Calls Ethics Bill ‘Total Crap’"). :

Plus, I love it when my inbox gets some headline with a legislator calling a bill he's about to help put through "total crap" :lol:

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

but here's the thing that seems disingenuous to me.

Based on much early postings, Petty has a long-standing problem with Polosi and Murtha that has nothing to do with ethics.

1. Murtha was the first US Representative to activily criticize the prosecution of the war. Before he did that, he was the administrations poster boy about how "bipartisanship works." Once he announced that the emperor was nekkid, THEN he became the bad guy. All of this more than 20 years AFTER he DIDN'T take a bribe.

2. Polosi is a Democrat, a woman, and ... ohmigosh ... she's from San Francisco!!!! That's always been plenty enough for a neocon true believer.

Or am I "just not getting it" again?

16. pettyfog

Show me, Don.. where any military strategist of ANY ilk, suggest 'Strategic Withdrawal as an option... to Okinawa, that is.
    When we LAST strategically withdrew, Pol Pot strategically advanced to Pnom Penh..

And the point is about his 'ethics'.... nice try!

A woman! That's pitiful.... when are you going to stop putting YOUR BIASES into my writing

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

1. I can't afford to give you any of my biases. I have so few to begin with.

2. You have all the biases you'll ever need without my contribution.

3. You really need to read up on your military history to find the hundreds of military leaders of several "ilks" who have recommended strategic withdrawal in several wars, in several centuries. While you're researching, see if you can find references to the efficacy of land wars in Asia -- especially those for which there was no provocation, nor any benefit to US interests.

18. pettyfog

The bias you're hanging on me, old Muppet... is that because I'm a conservative, I'm anti-woman politician!

Name one... 'Strategic Withdrawal to win. Mind the difference between Tactical and Strategic.

While you're at it... name the last time you criticized ANY Dem on here, for ANYTHING, other than for associating with Dubya.

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

20. pettyfog

No.... Just because you are, or run as, a Democrat DOESNT mean you have to be an idiot!

If you notice, Don, Hoyer ALSO has his little corruption issues {Hell, like I told Heather, probably MOST of Congress do} AND he's actually more Liberal than Murtha on most issues... but he's a TRUE Liberal and has a rep of working with others rather than opening up his fat mouth for effect.

And the Reps sent a message to Pelosi, while they were at it... they elected her unanimously but they arent going to just follow like sheep.

I'm an optimist... I think that now they are in power again the Democrats are going to start looking at whats good for the country rather than just show off they are more liberal than the next guy.