Pelosi is a piece of work!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Mar 30, 2007.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

After spending 25 billion in pork to make sure she got enough votes to put up a timetable that Sadr and Al Quaeda can use for their Iraq planning
    And
    While putting together a 5 year 450 billion tax package that will raise taxes on everyone and bring hundreds of thousands of low income earners back onto the tax rolls, the esteemed leader if the House has poked a stick in the eyes of our friends in order to avoid pissing off Iran, but doesnt mind pissing off another, if tenuous, friend by pushing a resolution about the Armenian massacre.

A resolution condemning the taking of the fifteen Brits is being quashed by her while, against many pleas, she is pushing a resolution on something 70 years ago that had nothing to do with the US.

Planned House Vote on Armenian Massacre Angers Turks

House Silent on British Hostage Crisis

Well, she has a trip to Syria planned for a couple weeks from now... for what? To get her next orders?

Y'all must be SO proud.

2. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

You and Sebnem Arsi are getting tight are you? Check your history and sources first. Unfortunately, it is all inter-related. Just had the discussion tonight with a U.S. Navy employee from Romania.

3. pettyfog

"Unfortunately, it is all inter-related." I dont doubt that.....

I understand the SUBJECT of the thing.. Here's MY question. TIMING

The things need to be done is send the RIGHT message to Teheran.

Is THAT the reason for it?

4. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Follow the money, they say. "They" are probably right about that.

5. pettyfog

Re: RE: Pelosi is a piece of work!

How stupid of me.

That was the SECOND parting shot I deleted... the first was full of expletives, ANd I was so pissed off on following the string of house events I wrote the post in 'Notepad' first to give me time to re-read and get under control.

Oh... did I mention that the independent review system, created last session to track pork earmarks has been told to back off?

So much for fixing the culture of curruption.

So much for my optimism on something good coming out of the Dems getting back into power. This is not good.

6. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

RE: Re: RE: Pelosi is a piece of work!

Feigining optimism now? Petty you are a card!

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I was waiting for you to translate eliminating the ruinous and unfair Bush tax cuts for the wealthy as "a tax increase on everyone." What a joke watching conservatives trying to couch good economic policy in negative terms so as to continue to support a man who has dragged the word conservative through the mud just because he's a Republican.

A sad joke, but a joke none-the-less.

8. pettyfog

"ruinous and unfair Bush tax cuts for the wealthy"

They werent ruinous...doubt if you've bothered looking at actual revenues, though

if invester tax cuts were 'ruinous' they wouldnt be the last resort for Dems to fix state economies.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

what revenues? Compare the size of the deficit before the tax cuts and now.
    Compare the national debt before the tax cuts and now.
    Examine our inability to provide soldiers with adequate armor thanks to the tax cuts.
    Examine our inability to provide injured soldiers with humane medical care thanks to the tax cuts.
    Examine the cuts in veterans benefits in order to make the deficit increases look smaller.
    Examine our inabiltiy to respond to domestic emergencies thanks to the tax cuts.
    Examine our eroding infrastructure.

Now, let's look at the benefits of the tax cuts for people who weren't already wealthy.

Okay, now lets look at the effect of these tax cuts. Mortgaged future for the next several generations. The beginning of rising interest rates and a lowered level of respect for our economy in the industrialized world.

Revenues? What revenues. Our president and his rubber stamp congress have been writing billions and billions of dollars in bad checks for more than 6 years. I could fool people into thinking I'm wealthy if I bought a Lexus and a palomino and a time share in Vale and a house in Palm beach. But the only way I could do that is by going into debt up to my eyeballs. And that's stupid.

The taxcuts were and are ruinous and unfair. And, when we have troops in the field fighting and dieing for us, the tax cuts are also morally reprehensible.

10. pettyfog

First... 'higher taxes = more revenue' was thrown out with Keynesian Economics. Yes.. the same theory that got us 20% Prime rates before it was thrown in the trash can.

It wasnt true then, it's not true now...PERIOD! If you choose to ignore history proving it wrong, in both directions there is simply no help for you and continuing to repeat it wont convince me or anyone else.

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I remember Reagan saying, "when a family is trying to balance their family budget, they first try to cut their spending." To which I replied to my television set: "But what they don't do is say 'what source of income can we get rid of'."

When you say more income doesn't equal more revenue, what you're saying is less income = more money in the house ... and that ain't even close!

But keep trying. :roll:

12. pettyfog

Where
    DOES
    That
    money
    come
    from

and
    where
    does
    it
    go?

13. pettyfog

and this is important: Where does it stop along, the way.. what is the 'handling fee' and how fast does it make the cycle through the economy.