Parenting

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by astroevan, Mar 25, 2014.

1. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Other than "mama" and "dada", my son's other two spoken words are "ball" and "goal"

That means I'm doing something right... doesn't it?

2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Certainly. Just wait until you hear him chant "come on Fulham," then measure your grin. Good stuff.

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

:clap: Great stuff Evan! Will Mama approve when out of the blue your son says 'Chelsea sucks'? :shock:

4. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Mom might ask "Chelsea who?" She's pretty good at tuning out most sports related conversation.

5. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

I tried to teach my nephew C'mon Fulham and then Come On You Whites when it became clear that Fulham was a bit too much for him. The end result was Go Whites. So for the first 3-4 years of his life, I'd get "Uncle Matt, are you watching Go Whites?"

Come to think of it, I've not done well by that kid. Between Fulham, the Aggies and the Capitals, I've really saddled that kid with some historic duds. At least A&M is on the up at the moment. And he's a Spurs (San Antonio, not Tottenham) fan so I guess he'll have to get most of his joy from that.

6. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Means you are doing everything right.

I have a pic of Kendall when she was 6 months old. She is facing forward but her head is turned to the right as she is looking at the TV which has a soccer match on.

I took Kendall to her first soccer match, NE Revs, 2 years ago when she was 2/12. She thought we were at a Fulham match. 2 days later we went back to Gillette Stadium as they had walk on the field for charity event, we went with my brother ad his son. As we pulled in to the parking lot she yelled out "Fulham!"

Couple of my proudest moments.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

This thread has caused my widest grin in a very long time.

8. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

You guys are lucky, my son hates watching sports on TV. He keeps saying he'll play when he gets older though--I guess that's something. :(