Palin pranked...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Spencer, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

This is crazy. Comedian from Quebec calls Palin pretending to be Nicolas Sarkozy and stays on the line for six minutes until, hits on her, says they should go hunting, asks if Joe the Plumber is her Husband, mis-name drops the Canadian PM to see if she reacts to it...

http://www.popcrunch.com/sarah-palin-pr ... one-prank/

In her defense she must of had a feeling that something was amiss right? Hope so. But her demeanor from the get go, not impressive!

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

How would you suggest she respond, there? She knows nothing more about Sarkozy than any of us, INCLUDING OBAMA, except that he's somewhat eccentric..right?
    What's the REAL story here? How did they get the call through to Palin? Idiots!

Also... did they try the same trick with JoeB... that might be a hoot.

And what do you think about that site? I think it's disgusting. The Tara Reid collection is a good case in point.

3. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I gotta go w/ the Fog on this one...

One thing that is very easy to do is sit on the sidelines and take potshots at people in authority rather than do anything substantive about, well, anything, and that is what the knuckleheads who run this site are doing. It's like they are still in junior year study hall and they still want to make fun of the pretty girl for dripping chocolate sauce on her shirt or the guy who wants to run for student office. The thing is, the people who put their neck on the line are the ones that will be remembered, and the jerk that sits on the sidelines cracking wise will be forever forgotten.

Frankly, I sort of envy people that do moronic satire for a living. It's easy work, you don't have to bust your butt for it because everyone has feet of clay, and you get a paycheck. Posting pictures of Tara Reid and making fun of her. Oooh, that's great work there. Comedy hall of fame material. Same with taking a shot at Palin. I wish I had it that easy.

My grandfather told me not to roll around with pigs because you are going to get dirty. What I found out later was that the pig likes it, and the people that run that site have great big smiles.

4. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

As far as the logitics of setting up a website, paying the overhead, and attracting customers, OK, that requires work but that ain't too complicated -- many people do it, some better than others. As far as producing material, yes, any drunken frat boys can do the same thing well into a Friday night party. I know, I've done it, and it was as insignificant and forgettable as what this site is about. Again, if you roll around with the pigs, you get the filth.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I don't have a horse in this race, but JEEEEEZUS, Steve, what's with the Uggo Squad in your avatar? Bring Ms. Hepburn back; por fa bleedin' vor!

6. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Don, Don, Don, Don, Don (where is a sadly shaking head smiley).

WHO DOES FULHAM PLAY ON SATURDAY?!?!?!?!?!?

Audrey has the week off.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Lemme hear ya say, "duh"

I will continue to yearn for Sunday, then.

8. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Fulham plays on Sunday, Steve. So I will yearn as well.

I pity the tatoo "artist" who did that. Yuck.