Palin and Feminism

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Sep 21, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I think this article.. BY a liberal feminist.. pretty much says it all.

When you look at what is said about Palin by celebrity women, it doesnt take much to figure out exactly where they see the threat.

Despite US feminism really being primarily about freedom to abort, what east/west coasters dont like most about Palin is that she threatens their own sense of accomplishment.
    As if most people could handle as much as she does. I couldn't.. and she doesnt threaten me.

And SURE she's going to come up short on the 'family values' ideal once in a while. Who doesnt?

But I find the subtext interesting... Lesbians dishing out vile attacks then wishing to have sex, vicariously or first person, with her? Tells me a lot about their life-attitudes.

2. ohio4fulham

ohio4fulham New Member

Good article.
    If feminism were truly about the advancement of women then Condoleezza Rice would be a rock star, but feminism (like so many other causes with worthy and necessary beginnings) was hijacked by liberals many moons ago, in this case, liberal women, and is being used as a vehicle by which to either propagate or subjigate women into believing that in order to be a good woman you must support the same causes that liberal women support.
    If you don't believe in abortion then you set your gender back a hundred years ... that's a lot of pressure ...