P-fogs favorite Pundit

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Spencer, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

While pettyfogs favorite pundit Olberman went at it again last night. This time he gave a special comment about some of the, lets say embellishments of the truth in the latest State of the Union speech.

both the video and text are in the below link

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16893899/

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Dennis Kucinich's staffer????? :banana:

Well, according to the ratings I've seen....

O'Reilly (who I dont watch, either) still draws 5-1 after all this time Olby has been shooting the moon.

Considering that the hard core loonatic left hate-Bush fringe is 20%... and the fashionable bandwaggoners on that train are another 20%, what is Olby's problem?

Could it be those who get their news from the "Daily Show"

I cant account for the examples cited.. but suppose someone had called in the FBI when our erstwhile Okla City bombers were still blowing up varmint holes in farm fields?

I'm not gonna ask Olbermann, but I'll ask YOU... you REALLY think none of those would have happened?

I mean WHAT kind of serious terrorist would be so stupid as to tell people in his flight school he didnt need to learn to land?

3. pettyfog

Too bad though.. we couldnt have had the inciteful patriot, Kerry to dish on:

4. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

I like Olbermann pointing out the mistakes that Bush and his party makes, but he never seems to point out mistakes the democrats make.

5. pettyfog

What mistakes? Democrats dont make mistakes, they commit 'oversights'!

You mean like a House majority leader who pushes through a rise in the minimum wage... for everyone but American Samoans... where a corporation headquartered in her district is the major employer?

Or a Senate Majority Leader whose business acumen gets him a great land deal at one tenth the appraised value... from a PENSION FUND controlled by his crony, for whom the erstwhile champion of the little guy THEN introduces favorable bill for the crony's business?
    {Which, by the way, in most states COULD land him in jail, along with his ass-buddy. But wont... because he's a democrat, not republican}

Or a local Prosecutor who might lose an election so he campaigns on the case of a local stripper who sees a chance to retire when she's hired by a bunch of rich white kids.

Or a leader of a campaign committee who advises all congressional candidates to use the rubber stamp C.O.L.A agreement in congress in their ads against Republicans?

Or the same Dem Campaign Leader, who knows that the Rep House Majority Leader might be sitting on a scandal, which might involve safety of young pages ... but sits on it for six months so it will make maximum campaign effect?

Or a California Democrat who wants to make it a crime for a parent to spank their child, on the very week a couple and their three year old brat was kicked off a flight when the kid threw a twenty minute tantrum and refused to sit in the seat... THEN the parents complained that the airline didnt treat them right.

Or, last but far from least...
    another California Democrat who is trying to pass a law outlawing sale of incandescent bulbs in the state... of course not thinking at all of the hardships this will cause poor people all over the state.

All just 'oversights' and misunderstanding and misquotes, of course.....

Will Olby comment on Biden's statement describing Obama in words that would be a media firestorm for weeks if a Republican said them?

No he wont... because Olbermann is a media whore, always has been, always will be.

Now YOU can get your news and views from that despicable pile of dung if you want to, but remember the old saying:

"Lie down with swine...."

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

waaah waaaah waaaaaaaaah; January over already?

7. pettyfog

Don, as usual.. has no rebuttal. Other than quoting the three year old.

How's that Tom Delay case coming along, Don? :banana:

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

well I could have tried a form of rebuttal like this: counter criticism of the president's State of the Union address by citing the actions of a California State Assemblyman and a North Carolina district attorney who are of the other party. Then I could imply that the statements of a presidential candidate of the other party about a rival are racist. Finally, I could denigrate the morals of the television personality who started the criticism in the first place.

Yeah, I could do that, but if I did I could be rightfully accused of looking for as many examples possible of why MY guy may be a disgrace and HIS party may be damaging the nation, but that the other side isn't perfect either -- NYAH NYAH NYAH.

And why would I want to do anything like that? Happy February 'fog. Hope my little post didn't "embolden" the terrorists.

9. pettyfog

The discussion was about Olbermann's choice of smarm comments, Don... in case you didnt notice, I pointed out topics and issues you will never see him comment critically on.
    {bad grammar}
    Sheesh!

10. pettyfog

And golly gee.. do you suppose Olbermann will think it's worthy of note that a Tennesee Democrat {gasp, of all political bents} wants to pass a law requiring all defamatory language on a blog or other internet site to be taken down within 2 days... whether or not it actually IS defamatory or libelous!

Link with link

11. pettyfog

And just ONE that seems far fetched, like taking some comment by a flight school student as a joke......

12. pettyfog

Umkm.. Ever hear the phrase 'Trust but verify'? Applies to a lot of situations..

... as to the example you describe, had exactly the same in downtown Dayton OH... just a bunch of kids, once in a while acting up... but over the period of a few years, they killed off all downtown retail business. Then they killed the nearest mall to their 'hood. But all that's another thread altogehter.

I certainly aint gonna hide in a bomb shelter... and no one else should either. But neither should certain situations be ignored.

I could be unkind and point out that you are talking in circles here, but I get your point.

Thing is, sometimes, even paranoids have people out to get 'em.