Own an English team for $69

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by jrose, May 31, 2007.

1. jrose

jrose New Member

Did any of you see this on the BBC site? It looks very intriguing. I know we all support Fulham first, but this is definitely worth a look.

--Fulham Jay

www.myfootballclub.co.uk

2. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Heard about this. No way it would ever work. The first year they would loose money and then what?

3. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Re: RE: Own an English team for $69

I agree. Just can't see it working out, but it's an interesting proposition.

4. jmh

jmh New Member

RE: Re: RE: Own an English team for $69

Thread resurrection!

Myfootballclub.co.uk has a membership that's seemingly over 50,000 strong and is moving towards a takeover of Ebbsfleet United FC, a club that's near the top of the Blue Square Premier League (aka the Conference National), the top level of non-league football and one level below League Two; they're also in the last 16 of the FA Trophy. Word is that they've completed their due diligence and the MyFC voters are now voting on the takeover.

It's really an incredible plan they've put together, and I think I'm going to sign up.

5. jmh

jmh New Member

By the way, two of Fleet's most notable former players (from the club's days as Gravesend and Northfleet) are our very own Jimmy Bullard and Roy Hodgson.

6. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

I'm actually involved with http://www.mybufc.com

They are going to set a limit of 5000 people.