Outs and Ins, affirmed.

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by VonBilly, Jan 4, 2007.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

RE: CUDICINI TO THE COTTAGE

WOW!!!! Having Cudicini at Fulham would be great, especially if he's back to his old self.:banana:

2. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Cudicini at Motspur

Just received a text that Carlo Cudicini is now at Motspur Park...deal him in Cookie.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

RE: Cudicini at Motspur

He is a very very good keeper. I didn't realize he was 33, but that's still pretty young for a GK. It appears that Niemi is still troubled and, if so, it looks like Cudicini could be the regular #1 for the rest of the season.

Mike, do you know if he's cup-tied?

4. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

I think Cudicini would be good cover for Niemi, given his own desire to get some games. I am a bit surprised that CC has a "special relationship" with the Non-Gretzky Great One, though.

Almost all the pieces now, just need a CB...

5. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

For those of you who dont know, Motspur Park is where Fulham players Train

6. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I always like Carlo and think he can regain his old form. I just hope this would mean we wouldn't be spedning cash on Carlo Nash as I think he is rubbish. Carlo would be a good replacement for Niemi while he is out and even then I think if he did play like his old self he should be starting.

7. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

how long is Niemi out for?

8. VonBilly

VonBilly New Member

Striker linked with Spanish switch
    Thu, Jan 25 2007 15:56

La Liga outfit Racing Santander are the latest club showing an interest in Fulham striker and Watford target Collins John.
    John recently turned down a move to Vicarage Road but boss Aidy Boothroyd said the door was still open for a January deal if John had a change of heart.
    The striker remains set on leaving Craven Cottage, where he does not appear to be in Chris Coleman's future plans, having been confined to the bench for much of this season.

Now Racing Santander, who are also being linked with Newcastle's Albert Luque, are exploring the possibility of a loan deal for the Dutch frontman and that is likely to finally signal the end of Watford's chase for signature.

9. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

10. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

11. jmh

jmh New Member

Competition for a spot in the lineup is good. With the guys who've joined, plus the at-least-halfway-decent job Volzy has done filling in, it seems like there'll be plenty.

12. psand22

psand22 Member

Found this on the web today...could we be getting another MF....or just more rumors.

Midfielder Esteban Granero is on his way to Craven Cottage according to reports in Spain.
    The Spain under-19 international currently plays for Real Madrid Castilla, the B team of the La Liga giants, from which the likes of Raul have come through the ranks.

The AS newspaper suggests that Fulham are set to tie up a deal shortly for the 19-year-old, whose contract expires in 2008.

13. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Great. More midfielders.

14. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I like the fact that he is young, but I am not sure this guy is the answer. However, I am not going to rush to any judgement when I have never seen him play. My pessimistic speculation is that if Read Madrid is offloading him for a price Fulham can afford, they must not think too highly of him. If he was thought of in higher regards he would be out of our price range or other clubs would be interested in him.

Once again, I am being pessimistic. If he does come I hope he does well.

15. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Well, if we ever switch to a 4-5-1 we will be set. ;)

16. DCDave

DCDave Member

Can we do anything before the summer on him? If not, then I tend to discount the possibility--transfer roumours at this time of year rarely come to fruition.

17. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

He is supposed to be a decent player and I have read that this would only be a loan deal.

Did Volz ever sign a contract extension? I would think this would be a top priority for us or maybe Omozusi is ready to become the backup RB. Anyway I could see this as being a Summer of change for us with many players coming in and going out of the club. There are some players who need to leave and I hope that Coleman figures this out and sells these players or releases them. I believe we have issues at the back and need to fix them and we also need to find a quality forward and decent left sided midfielder.

18. Jacob

Jacob New Member

Well I saw this on the BBC today.

Fulham will sell ex-England defender Zat Knight this summer. (The Sun)

19. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

While a lot of the stuff in the BBC's rumours section can be a bit overboard, I happen to think this one is true. I reckon Cookie has had enough of Zat and will offload him to Birmingham who have been interested in him for quite some time.

Now, if Fulham can go buy some solid center-halves, we might be in business for next season.

20. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

http://www.clubcall.com/index.jsp?storyID=310648

Same story, different source. If I had a web cam, and you were watching it you would see me dancing a little jig of joy. But I don't want to get over-excited. A lot can happen between now and May - £2million??? COWY