Options

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Jambo, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Jambo

Jambo New Member

Our Roy is going to have some selection issues in coming weeks. Players who would be expecting a start may not even find themselves on the bench.

Players who didn't start Sundays game (excluding GK)

McBride
    Kamara
    Volz
    Johnson
    Healy
    Boca
    PC
    Staleri
    Kallio
    Litmenen
    Stefanovic
    Omozusi
    Leijer
    Seol
    Smertin
    Bouazza

Good luck Roy!!!!!!

2. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Kinda nice isn't it!

3. psand22

psand22 Member

Yes, it's nice to have some options and everyone better bring the "A" game for the rest of the season because some will have to go. Let's hope these #'s produce some inspired play.

4. IanHux

IanHux New Member

Its nice to see some depth in the lineup, brings tears to my eyes..... (ok that was a bit dramatic)

5. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Given that several of the players were unavailable for various reasons it will be interesting to see who plays when they are fit. By my calculation (and I exepct some will be corrected) the following players were not able to start the game for various reasons:

McBride - returning from injury
    Johnson - not available
    PC - returnign from injury
    Staleri - returning from injury
    Stefanovic - suspended
    Omozusi - injured
    Smertin - injured?
    Bouazza - injured

Out of those players, I see Omozusi or Staleri pushing for stating places; Stefanovic and Boca fighting for the 3rd CB spot (PC too injury prone); McB being used either for the first half or as an impact player (the guy is a hero, but a tierd one; Healy and Kamera I think will struggle to get onto the bench unless they show improvements in play, DH in particular.

Midfield wise, I think Smertin can be used to replace Muphy, especially given the eratic for recently, but the 11 we saw start on Monday (excusing Baird) will carry us through most of the season, if they remain free from injury then we could be OK.