Olympic Soccer Coverage

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by BarryP, Jul 24, 2008.

1. BarryP

BarryP New Member

NBC TO PROVIDE CHANNEL EXCLUSIVELY FOR OLYMPIC SOCCER COVERAGE: NBC Universal will launch a channel exclusively dedicated to full coverage of Men’s and Women’s Soccer at the 2008 Olympic Games. A total of 32 Men’s and 26 Women’s Soccer Games will be shown in their entirety on the NBC Olympic Soccer Channel, in addition to coverage on USA Network, MSNBC and live streaming on NBCOlympics.com. The seven NBC Networks – NBC, MSNBC, CNBC, USA, Oxygen, Telemundo and Universal HD - will provide an unprecedented 3,600 hours of coverage, all in high definition. NBCOlympics.com will also provide over 3,000 hours of on-demand access to full event replays and extensive highlights. The NBC Olympic Soccer Channel are available on most major cable, satellite and telephone companies and distributors.

2. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Terrific news! I was wondering how much we'd be able to see of these matches.

3. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Yeah!!!! Raise your hand if you will be up at 3:30 AM Central to watch USA's opening match against the Nipponese!

It is on MSNBC, so we know at least one regular on this website will not be watching.

4. jmh

jmh New Member

Wow. Seriously?

Of course, Time Warner sucks and I don't expect them to pick it up.

5. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

Well I hope TWC doesn't screw me out of this one. I am REALLY hoping to watch all the matches. And by all, I do mean all. I absolutely love international tourneys.

6. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

I'm gonna DVR all the games and watch them after I get home. i.e., don't expect to see me on this website during the day :D

7. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

During the day?? I haven't seen you 'round these parts in several months!

8. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

In case you haven't found it yet, here is where you can watch the entire match of McLegend and the Youngsters getting 3 points way too earlier this A.M.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/player ... de=sportfb

The Catcher in the Rye nets our first official "bulge in the auld onion bag" in China.

9. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Re: RE: Olympic Soccer Coverage

TWC picked it up here in both standard and high def.

10. jmh

jmh New Member

RE: Re: RE: Olympic Soccer Coverage

They theoretically have it here too, but it was just dead air this morning.

I thought JP and 'Celo were a pretty decent broadcast team, as American crews go.

11. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Re: RE: Olympic Soccer Coverage

I don't know if that quote is a match-winning header or a red-card, but I liked it.

Gotta hope the squad takes some momentum and confidence from this win and applies it against the Dutch. It was an ugly, and somewhat lucky, win, and the ref was horrible to each side, but it's good to see the U.S. on the positive side of an ugly win. Altidore needs to start against the Netherlands, as he looked a beast today.

"When Jozy comes on, so good, he'll score with either foot..."

12. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Olympic Soccer Coverage

Yuck, they ruined the win for me. They were so afraid to sound biased that they ended up favoring Japan in their commentary and claiming they deserved two penalty calls. They didnt mention the same fouls on Americans in the box (in fact one on Adu was much worse).

13. jmh

jmh New Member

I'm not convinced they didn't; Edu was AWFUL towards the end there.

14. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Olympic Soccer Coverage

Worse player out there this morning, Orozco.

I think the Japanese officially nicknamed him "toast".........or "to-suto".

15. Silas

Silas New Member

You're right, Orozco wasn't good. It was extra noticeable because Marvell Wynne played so well. He was end to end the entire game and I don't think Orozco ever crossed half field. To make matters worse he turned his mark into the obvious player of the game for Japan. He let that guy cross dangerous ball after dangerous ball into the box.

16. Clevelandmo

I second your comment on Wynne; he was impressive.

17. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Hey! we won the freakin game, enough of the negativity guys.

Wait to go boys, good start.

18. Clevelandmo

Or, Edu saw what Japan got away with on Adu and did the same. The announcers, as usual, were horrible. So brainwashed on how poor American soccer is and so full of Euro/Hispanic snobbery that they cant just call a soccer match fairly in regards to the US team. How many times do I have to hear that the US hasnt produced a player who can . . . .. blah blah bha. Just call the match for godsakes!

19. WVfulhamfan

WVfulhamfan New Member

I would like to see McBride play up front with Jozy. I think they could do some damage with Jozy playing off of McBride and Adu playing a central attacking midfielder role and Bradley getting involved when he can. I thought Robbie Rogers was great coming down the flank. Marking on set pieces and the defense overall has to improve considerably if they want to make a real push for a medal.

20. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Much of the blame for Orozco's bad performance belongs to Rogers, who was invisible on defense and left Orozco in a bad spot on multiple occasions. Not saying Orozco was stellar or anything, but it's a team game and you can't expect the LB to cover the RM and the RB.