Ok-early shout-what position for the Whites next season!

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by TheOldBugger, May 24, 2009.

1. TheOldBugger

TheOldBugger New Member

Hi all
    as we are hours away from the last game of this season :banana: I thought I would get this rolling along-Where do you expect The Whites to finnish in the Prem NEXT season??? and why?

I'm going for 9th or 10th,I think we have played some fantasic football this season and I think Uncle Woy and M.A.F. will strengthen the squad for europe,however there are some powerful teams below us-Spurs/Hammers/Man City.
    Spurs and Man City have a much higher budget than we can ever dream about-both started very poorley and will perform much better next season.
    West Spam are also classed as a bigger club,however they have money worries.Zola will however have his first full pre season with them so I expect him to have them singing(Just as Uncle Woy did with us :banana: )I think 9th and 10th will between the hammers and us-still it's better than 0-0 draws with Derby lol :wink:

2. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Aw, you're killing me! Let us enjoy this year!

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Yeah, OB.. the crap spec has already started!

Like 'WTH did Swartzer pick Fulham' and 'Will a bigger club come get him'

And 'Will Roy be snagged to rescue a bigger club'?

Some idiot followers -like me- have been picking FFC to finish 7 for years.

Now it actually happened, lets chew on it a while... one thing to say-wish it another for the actual thing.

4. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

No way I'm even going to speculate. I picked us to finish 12th this season and 7th was way beyond my expectations.

Lets see who we bring in, see how we fare in EUROPE starting in July and then I'll throw out predictions.

5. BarryP

BarryP New Member

I'll give it a qualified whirl OB. I am currently thinking someplace between 9th and 11th provided that we add some depth to the squad. It his hard to imagine that Man City will not splash the cash to improve their squad this summer and I think Tottenham are likely to improve on their point total next season even without bringing in any new additions. I do of course reserve the right to change my mind after the transfer maddness that will occur this summer.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'm going to wait for Martin-in-Nashville to start his annual prediction lottery. Then I'm going to blow it down my leg in the first few posts.

BarryP makes a good point, though. City and Spurs will improve; West Ham will drop, and it will be more difficult next season than this to finish 7th -- which is why it was important for us to Embrace Europe this season. It might not be there for us next season.

7. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Without seeing who is brought in (and who departs) it's way to early to make any kind of educated guess. I know who finished 7th this year though, and that's good enough for the next 2 mos for me.

8. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

We improved are performance over last season by 17 points so I say do that again and we'll be at 7o. Were in Europe now but then we'll be in 'THE' Europe!

If Roy finds a way to keep us solid in the league while still giving Europe a serious go I'll be quite content.

9. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I'm gonna go on a limb and say 8 with higher points than last season.

But only if Roy gets Jozy Altidore or another 'diamond in rough' quality striker.

10. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

can we wait until the transfer window closes?

not because Fulham will have already played a handful of games then, but there's just way too many unknown variables right now for us and most other teams.

but if my feet will be held to the fire, somewhere in the Top 10.

11. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

I'm waiting until the transfer window closes.