Offical Super Tuesday thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Spencer, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

x

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Spencer, how did the crowd react to Obama? I am pleased to hear you went out and saw Obama.

As for predictions, I think Clinton will win more delegates tomorrow but I think things will be relatively close and thus the campaign will continue on without a clear cut winner.

I wish the Super Tuesday did not come so early. If Barack had more time to allow the states participating to really get to know him I think he would do even better than he will tomorrow. The longer this race goes, the better chance Obama has in my eyes.

Go Obama!

3. Jensers

Jensers New Member

RE: Re: RE: Offical Super Tuesday thread

I have not posted in this forum... This is normally not something I get involved with too much because personally I think it is out of our hands anyway.

Case in point:

Huck gives his support to McCain but keeps his name in the primary to try and steal votes away from Romney - I am sure it is a play for the vice-president nod. Underhanded - and for what? What is their problem with Romney? I dont know of a single dropout that has thrown support to Romney. Why? What is at the core of their snub?

In general there is a system designed to buy votes and to manipulate voters. Why even go thru this charade?

I hate politics.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Spencer: Thanks for bucking the trend of the 18-30s and making your political interest tangible by voting.

Jensers: With all respect, I have found that people who aren't predisposed to vote in the first place [and that's okay -- "if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice"] generally prefer to say "there's a system that's stacked against me; what's the point" when they're younger and, when they're older tend to prefer "oh, I never vote; in only encourages them."

Two things to think about:

1. The American people almost always get the government they deserve. [AND]

2. Decisions are inevitably made by people who show up.

Hope those of y'all who are in states that hold voting tomorrow afford yourself the pure joy of taking an active part in your democracy.

5. Lyle

Lyle New Member

I really hope Obama wins. More Bill and Hillary does not help America, in my opinion.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

So, those of you in the appropriate states, check in here when you've voted. Don't have to say WHO, but say THAT!

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

My wife and I voted this morning. This was her first time voting as she became a citizen in 2007. We both voted for Obama.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Tell the missus congratulations from all of us!

You did explain to her that, as a Chicago resident, she could vote 6 or 7 more times today, right? :D

9. jmh

jmh New Member

I'm ashamed to say it, but I will not be voting because when I registered to vote in NY I (shortsightedly) registered without a party affiliation and failed to remember that this was the case until it was too late to register a party for today's primary. :oops:

10. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I definitely told her. We will be hitting three or four more precincts later in the day!! LOL!!

11. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

This made me laugh

Only one more month until the Ohio primary -- go John McCain

12. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Don -

I may have a view that the system is broken, but I do still vote. It is my duty and privilege, and I take advantage of it. Because I think my vote should matter - this is the reason why I am so dissolutioned by the political system and its state of corruption.

Spencer - lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater by taking a position that anyone that thinks that the current political system in this country is broken thinks that we need to throw out the whole idea of a democracy. I love the constitution and the ideals that this country was founded upon, but I am not sorry for my position that we - as a country - have been pissing on the constitution for some time.

We need reform - not extremism.

13. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Offical Super Tuesday thread

Have a little respect please, King George III may be many things, but I think we can trace his lineage far enough back to disabuse him of being illegitimate.

Any time you want to vote your national anthem back to God Save the Queen just thinks about King Charles III and then your system won't seem so bad!

Happy shrove tuesday or pancake day.

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, GBFC, I think it's fair to say that while Moritz Volz may be the most beloved and Hitler the LEAST beloved Germans to members of this site, George III is much closer to the latter than the former in our affections. [Yes, of course he was German! He could actually speak English, though; unlike his father, George II.]

As for Chuck, I had a bet with my former brother-in-law [English] that Charles would take the throne as George VIII in honor of his granny's hubby, rather than resurrect a name that hasn't exactly been showered with good luck. I've lost track of my former sort-of-relative, but it appears that QE2 is going to outlive both of us -- and perhaps Charles -- in any case.

And thanks for the Shrove Tuesday remark. I've been trying all day to remember what was important about this day!

15. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Offical Super Tuesday thread

How about Henry VIII?

Great song for him too. How would that be for a National Anthem??

16. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Appears you weren't the only Texan with that problem.

http://www.ksat.com/politics/15220830/detail.html

Texas, it's inhabitants NEVER surprise me. Sky's the limit.

17. Lyle

Lyle New Member

It is Fat Tuesday as well.

18. shinerbockguy

shinerbockguy New Member

6 states so far for Clinton, 8 for President Obama...

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and Romney won fewer states than Huckabee. Hmmmmm.

20. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

He did say a while back he would not use Charles, which is a shame as I love a good beheading.

Seems like the Republicans have a direction while the Dems have split the vote a bit. Will it hurt Obama if he loses both NY and California? Its going down to the wire! When do the conferences meet?