Obama : Change : Not So Much?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Mar 21, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

It appears Barack is getting deeper in the muck the more he expands/explains his views.

He earlier equated Geraldine Ferraro to Pastor Wright, for her statement that "He wouldn't be a candidate if he wasn't black." Never mind her qualifying this by explaining that SHE wouldnt have been a VP candidate if her name was 'Gerald'.

Thus what Ferraro spake was utterly true and I dont think he can refute it... rather he diverts that truth by implication of bigotry.
    Can we say that Wright's statements are true?

THEN he calls his Grandma 'A Typical White Person'.. I sure she can forgive him. Eventually.

Let's consider a BLACK woman his Grandma's age encountering a strange black man on the street, say dressed in gangbanger garb...I think we can assume his Grandma wasnt referring to an encounter with an AME Bishop in clerical collar.. might'nt that black woman have just a fleeting tinge of worry? If so, wouldnt she be 'The Typical Older Lady'?

We all.. including me who has no intention whatsoever of voting for him.. thought Obama to be a breath of fresh air and a coup for the Dem's having given him a chance to change the political power structure and advance a serious minority candidate instead of allowing the hucksters Sharpton and Jackson the role.

I am beginning to think we were wrong. Obama begins to look more and more like ...

"The Typical Black Politician"