Obama and Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Nov 6, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Well, that didnt take long!

Yeah... we need more people who vote Dem politics, rather than the law.

Back to more Roe v Wade and Kelo. Situational, you know...

2. jmh

jmh New Member

Kelo was a pretty terrible decision; putting Roe in the same sentence with it is ridiculous.

I wonder whether Posner is a possibility.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Re: RE: Obama and Supreme Court

You amaze me again.
    Roe was based on an extrapolation of an extrapolation. Kelo was a single step in 'progression'.
    Cass Sunstein

Almost a lock he'll at least be asked.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

The president gets to pick federal judges and the Senate gets to vote on them. That's how the system works. If you and other conservatives are and will be unhappy with who Obama picks and the Senate approves, perhaps it might be good for you to wonder if things might have been different had you guys gotten behind McCain instead of trying to convince America that Obama is the boogeyman.

'fog, during the entire campaign, I never saw a postive paragraph about McCain from you -- even when I directly asked for one. I may be wrong -- SteveM19, clevelandmo, RidgeRider, andypalmer correct me if I am -- but the person on this site who had the most positive things to say about the Arizona senator MOST OFTEN was me.

You don't win elections by holding your nose at your guy and saying "but the other guy is uglier." Conservatives worked very hard to get Obama in this position and to expand the Democratic majority in the Senate. Now they'll have to live with it. You first, 'fog.

5. jmh

jmh New Member

Sunstein is an interesting choice; certainly a guy whose Con Law credentials are impeccable. I'm reading that Sonia Sotomayor is a good bet too.