NYC: Fulham vs. The Yiddos, Sunday 11/15, Nevada's, 10am

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by sublicon, Nov 12, 2008.

1. sublicon

sublicon New Member

I'll be there . . ferrealz. Will you?

Josh and Jon are in too...lessgo, y'all.

LETS GO RED BULLS!!! *clap-clap-clapclapclap*

2. jmh

jmh New Member

RE: NYC: Fulham vs. The Yiddos, Sunday 11/15, Nevada

Really this time, I promise.

(I had a hangover last week. It was pretty bad. I had a hard time getting as far as my couch.)

3. PCFC

PCFC New Member

RE: NYC: Fulham vs. The Yiddos, Sunday 11/15, Nevada

Hey I know I am rarely on the board and can't always make it to games but I'm heading down this weekend. Hope to see you all there.

Also, does anyone know where I can get a good Fulham scarf...either online or in NYC?

4. jmh

jmh New Member

Re: RE: NYC: Fulham vs. The Yiddos, Sunday 11/15, Nevada

I don't know of anyplace local to NYC where you could find a Fulham scarf, though you certainly could just buy a black and white scarf (like this) and it would look fine. For online purchase you're in a tough spot... Fulham just launched an online store for sales in the US but so far all they have is jerseys, training tops and shorts. For those products, it makes sense to actually order from the regular Fulham online store, even with the expensive cost of international shipping, because the exchange rate is favorable for us at the moment, but it makes much less sense to pay £20 in shipping for a £7 scarf than for a £56 replica jersey. Shipping-wise, you might actually be best off buying that scarf from Toffs that I linked at the top (their shipping cost by Royal Mail is £8 which is pretty reasonable) except that the scarf itself is cashmere and costs £39. (Though with a nice cashmere scarf you can wear it all the time.)

So... umm... I don't know, I think, is the answer? :|

5. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

That's not the proper nomenclature, dude. Anyway, hopefully we get the Darren Bent who looks like Collins John instead of the Darren Bent who looks like he's in a Charlton uniform.

But this game is on SATURDAY. Right date, wrong day. I'll be there for the morning, but not for the Red Bulls. Devils @ 7 and I don't feel like taking a late saturday train home from NYC.

6. jmh

jmh New Member

You're picking minor league hockey over the Red Bulls in the conference championship? Sad.

7. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Re: RE: NYC: Fulham vs. The Yiddos, Sunday 11/15, Nevada

I got mine at yanks-abroad.com -- one caveat is one of the regulars on the board, I forget who, has some vociferous complaints about them, but they've always been OK by me.

8. jmh

jmh New Member

RE: Re: RE: NYC: Fulham vs. The Yiddos, Sunday 11/15, Nevada

Huh, I had no idea Y-A sold scarves.

9. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

I'm picking the hockey team that I love and of which I will soon be paid a nominal amount to blog for independently of the team over the Red Bulls watch party, which takes me awhile to get to and back. If the Devils game was a matinee, I would have gone to the Red Bulls watch party with someone. But it's not and I don't feel like hoofing it down Manhattan at night after yelling for New Jersey only to yell some more and hoof it back to the train station and hoping there's a train all by myself.

I'll be watching the Red Bulls go for Death or Glory, but just by myself on delay.

10. RDG

RDG Member

NYC: Fulham v. Spuds, Sunday 11/15, Nevada's 10am

I should be there.

11. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Bwaahahahahahahah!

I should be there and I'll try to bring Mike, who has been largely MIA this season.

12. sublicon

sublicon New Member

Bravo, guys. Today was how it should be. Let's keep it going.

Btw...SONGS

13. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

A good turnout then?! Must of ben great in Nevadas.

14. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Not too shabby. I think we had nine Fulham supporters in attendance. We were mostly drowned out by the Arsenal fans, however...

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I imagine all that crying and moaning can get quite loud! :3d crying: