Notsofluffy news: More of the same-ol' hypocrisy comes out

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Oct 12, 2006.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Wonder where the 'Culture of Corruption" meme went?

Harry Reid probably was ALWAYS nervous about it. Makes over half a million in a land deal where he obscured ownership because his partner might be federally indicted at any time. But that doesnt bother me too much.. everyone has a right to lawful speculation, and he's not going to be charged with anything on that.

And the campaign funds from that and another shady character.. well...That he's done this multiple times to end up enriching his own family and friends. More par for the course.

But that he intervened with rezoning boards to make the land worth more???

Put it ALL together and it's as bad or worse than Trent Lott pork-balling the Gulf highway, right after the feds spent millions upgrading the railroad right of way .. or William Jefferson offering to sell his vote... or Denny Hastert complaining about FBI asking for access to Congressional offices.

Or Nancy Pelosi screeching about Hastert 'knowing about and endangering young people when she doesnt mind marching in gay parades next to Man-Boy-Love advocates.
    What I want is for Pelosi's financial dealings to be looked at.. what her staff takes the fall for, concerning illegal campaign groups, doesnt count.
    - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - --

And now, I predict we'll see more lefty screeching about Diebold voting machine conspiracies.
    Because their own have AGAIN been caught registering fake and dead people. And campaigning for their candidates while on registration drives.

Dont forget.. the 'polls' are showing the Dems with PROBABILITY of recapturing congress. When that doesnt happen, it will be proof positive that Republicans cheated.
    Which will never be proved because it didnt happen.. but it doesnt matter.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

RE: Notsofluffy news: More of the same-ol

waah, waah, waah.

I love this. The more the Republicans complain about the fact that there are sex and money scandals on both sides of the aisle, the more their newest core constituency -- evangelicals -- become convinced that there is NO moral compass in politics, and they stay home on election day.

It's proof of the essential truth of American politics that Republicans can screw up an election like they were a bunch of Democrats

-- "There isn't a dime's worth of difference between them." George C. Wallace, 1968

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: Notsofluffy news: More of the same-ol

Wow... you are in agreement with me!! Or v-v... but I got news for ya.

The Evangelicals ARE NOT going to stay home... they MIGHT have if the Dems hadnt gone over the top as usual.
    You seem to think Evangels are stupid..you live in Texas , you DONT really know any Southern Baptists???!!!!

And THEY remember Gerry Studds!!! AND they -Texas ones anyway- will be, at least subconciously, balancing Tom Delay against Ronnie “dollars for dismissals” Earle.

4. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Well no there not stupid and they prolly will get to the polls. All the preachers in the mega churches around the country will be reminding them for the next four weeks that they're under persecution and all that load of crap.

Really though the Evangelical voter has great reason to feel let down. I would think that if things continue as is they're will be far right Evangelical types running as independents all over the country. Perhaps they could even form they're own party.

I mean really if a well organized Evangelical party were set up I'm sure they're are many congressional districts they could win in. Convince the base that the dems are godless and that the republicans have been using them. Why not? You could get these mega church preachers themselves in Washington.