"No Oil for Blood"

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Sep 22, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

For some reason your Democrat elected seem to think the Iraqi government wants to listen when we tell them what to do. They never have listened to the US when they didnt think it was in their own interest.. they are funny that way.

And the winners are the Chinese.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

my Democrat elected who, Mr. Bluster?

And all of this "blame the Democrats" for the economy and the war and the lack of oversight and god knows what else is getting past the point of precious.

Senator Dodd D-CT is responsible for the mortgage meltdown and the subsequent folding of the investment banking industry -- NOT the full-on Republican war against oversight and government regulation of economic institutions? It was the Democrats who wanted to cut taxes on the wealthy so that they could invest in smoke and mirrors and cause thw whole sub-prime mess in the first place? And was it Democrats who engineered a means for their boards to escape with 8-figure parachutes while the debt is loaded on the taxpayer? Really, 'fog?

Senator Obama is responsible for the lack of oversight when it was Senator McCain who was on the oversight subcommittee of the Commerce Committee

Now, three Democratic senators are responsible for the Iraq mess, instead of the Republican president, vice president, and rubber-stamp Congress who started the war in the first place.

I've pretty much watched this all weak and figured that, since 75% of the posts that responded to these threads were written by you, I'd leave it alone. But this time:

a. the wild blind swinging PLUS
    b. "your Democrat elected" NOT TO MENTION
    c. no citing your "fair and balanced" source

just made me respond. I'll go away now and let you talk to yourself some more.

3. pettyfog

RE: Re: "No Oil for Blood"

Ummmm we WERE greeted as liberators.

Then ---- The Powell Doctrine being satisfied - - - we went behind walls and just bombed the shit out'a the place and let the terror thugs take over. Wasnt that long ago...... think!
    And if Dubya/Bremer/Rumsfeld thought the Iraqi's were just waiting for the chance to turn themselves into a representative democracy, the anti-war Dems seemed to assume that their government once in place would kow-tow to the whims of the US. Neither was true, anymore than it would be for us.
    But even now, a large segment of the Iraqi public think it was worthwhile. I'm sure the people you normally read dont think so... but do you read Yon, or Totten? The people who dont just look for the story they are writing towards?

And besides, what's best from NOW ON is what counts, right?

The POINT, before you interjected the past and done, is that the oil companies could have handled it on their own and it would be in the oil companies' best interest that there was an equitable royalty sharing deal with the provinces, better security for them to get on with their work.

The DEMS HATE OIL BECAUSE THEY CANT MAKE ENOUGH RAKE-OFF FROM IT! There.. I stuck in my own editorial comment.

- - -- -
    Don, got a view on THIS FUCKING SUBJECT? I'm talking about
    ONE particular issue but you CANNOT RESIST doing anything you can to avoid admitting the Dems fucked it up just like they are going to screw us out of any drilling at all.

Everything that irritates your world view, you deflect away. I have a list of McCain's attempts to change FRED/Faqnnie oversight, which Dodd and Frank weould have nothing to do with. Of 14 times Dubya said something had to be done about it. the money/payoffs sent to Dems and anyone else they thought could be bought... Obama being a a juicy target for some reason.
    You NEVER EVER have criticized or been outraged at a Dem, except maybe for agreeing with Dubya on something or another.

Why dont you offer something constructive?

Yes, it WAS DODD

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I spent 8 years criticizing Bill Clinton, you idiot. I spent three years criticizing Al Gore. I've spoken well of several Republicans on this site. You know this.

Now, where's the link to the unbiased source you got the quote from that begain this joke of a thread ?

5. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Re: RE: Re: "No Oil for Blood"

6. pettyfog

RE: Re: RE: Re: "No Oil for Blood"

Listen.. this is serious. We can get into who's in the bag another time and I'll help.

Here's the Dems' energy position:
    No new Nukes
    No Drilling
    No Oil Sands
    NIMBY Gas Pipelines
    Now Biden says 'no clean coal'

So just freaking where we gonna get the transition energy?

- -- - - - - - - -- - - - -
    Gee sorry, Don. I just dont recall all those crits. Wonder if you were bashing Clinton for what I was praising him for? I DID vote for Bill in '96, ya know.
    ;)

7. ohio4fulham

ohio4fulham New Member

8. ohio4fulham

ohio4fulham New Member

Re: RE: Re: "No Oil for Blood"

I don't know that altruistic is the right word. It seems more like strong armed coercion.
    Pursuing alternate energy is reasonable and I don't think anyone with common sense would argue against it. However, to burdon an already financially beleaguered public by forcing a nation-wide lifestyle change through the deliberate prevention of energy cost lowering is wrong.
    The environment has become the next big "political football" (as Dennis Miller called it). It's another thing from which the wealthy can profit and they're doing very well at guilting the public into spending lots of money on "green" products that are in many cases far overpriced and don't really help the environment that much (i.e. - have exponential polution rates for production, exc ...).
    I'm a reasonable person ... I'm glad to recycle, but I nearly choked on my own tongue when I read on my statement that my trash service wanted to charge me $30 for the "use" of their recycling bin, and that I'd be charged an additional $5 monthly for the pickup of said recycling.
    If creating an "earth-friendly" nation of consumers was the goal then eco products would be reasonably priced and available, but it seems less of a "cause" and more of a marketing ploy to reasonable people who would gladly buy a more reasonable product if not for outrageous costs.
    It's unreasonable to expect people to decrease their standard of living even more then recent years have forced because a democratic senator (or any senator, for that matter) has decided on their bahalf that they should be "weened" from the teet of oil.
    Invest and explore alternative energy ... produce it and people will use it, but in the meantime, stop stifling the public's ability to access oil.

My 2 cents ...

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

10. stlouisbrad

stlouisbrad Well-Known Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: "No Oil for Blood"

http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/23/news/ec ... tm?cnn=yes

11. pettyfog

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: "No Oil for Blood"

ummm... Rather than gloat over the Dems having to accept the obvious, I'm waiting for the next shoe to drop.
    I -sorta- believed Pelosi's 'First Hundred Days' pledge on cleaning up corruption.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

don't worry; your tin foil hat will protect you.