No Klinsmann is an utter disaster.

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by SoCalJoe, Dec 8, 2006.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

What is it with the pencil pushers and paper stackers at our joke of a federation?? This should have been a slam dunk, the guy WANTED the job. What should have been a simple negotation process has turned into a terribly dark day, Boob Bradley??? Can't wait now for the Copa Sudamerica (where is the sarcasm icon??). I guess US Soccer has as much ambition as Landon Donovan.

2. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Let me personally welcome you and your point of view, SoCalJoe. I agree.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

same here, SoCalJoe, but don't be so shy in the future! Come right out and say what's on your mind!

Where ya from and where'd you hear of us?

4. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

I could not agree more. The USSF decision-makers are a joke, just like the USMNT will be -- again.

As I said in another thread, Klinsmann would have given us INSTANT recognition, credibility, excitement, and interest, but NOOOOOOOO -- the empty suits have to f- everything up, as usual.

5. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

I'm playing hooky out here in beautiful Southern California (20 miles due east of LA). Started following Fulham when McBride went over and Fox Soccer Channel came to my living room. I've been talking crap to my buddies who love the tri-color (Mexico) about Klinsmann and to say this is 10 steps backward is an understatement.

6. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

What he said.

This is pathetic. Bob Bradley, Sunil searches high and low and all he can find is Bob Bradley :x

7. BC

BC New Member

I'll lend my voice to the aggrivated. It is utterly ridiculous that we could not land Klinsmann. We had a great opportunity and we blew it. In my mind, with the state of US soccer as it is, you make absolutely sure that there is no way Klinsman walks away. You do whatever it takes.

Now, I will give Bradley a chance and if he is successful, then we may all villify Sunil a little less. But until then, I'm livid.

8. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Re: No Klinsmann is an utter disaster. {moved}

this is my nomination for best quote of the year. thank you SCJ and welcome to the board.

9. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

RE: Re: No Klinsmann is an utter disaster. {moved}

Ok, so trying to sign one guy for 5 months is lack of ambition? I don't think so, but perhaps a bit naive. My biggest concern is why weren't they ready to pull the trigger on someone else if they could never come to consensus? Whatever happened to Pekerman? I would have prefered him over Kinsmann and definetly over Bradley. Bradly may be an interim head coach, but we might as well kept Arena on an interim basis.

10. DCDave

DCDave Member

It reminds me of the way the Pittsburgh Pirates were run in the early '90s. The team was owned by a group of local businesses, all of whom were involved in every decision. Needless to say that didn't work; they couldn't make any decisions.

I think we've been involved with committees in our work lives long enough to know that's not the way to make a decision.

11. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

I dont see Bradley being our coach as a disaster like most people but Im still dissapointed. As Bruce Arena said after his firing the USSF are soccer fans who want to be considered bigwigs with FIFA. They didnt want to give up their power to a guy who actually knows what he is doing.

12. psand22

psand22 Member

Saw this rumor on the web, while looking thru the BBC stuff....so maybe Bradley really is interim coach. I guess the USSF is still looking.

Manchester United assistant Carlos Quieroz has emerged as the number one choice to become the USA's coach. (The Sun)

13. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

Well, I agreed with your point of view, but after reading this article at Yanks Abroad and realizing my discontentment will bring about nothing; I can live with the decision.

I really hope the USSF goes after Quieroz or even Gerard Houiller. Though, I imagine neither of those talks can happen until the end of their respective league's season. With the US having 2 friendlies in the beginning of 2007 (1/20 against Denmark, 2/7 against Mexico), an interim coach is a necessary stopgap position.