NFL: Sad Bears

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Oct 9, 2005.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Sorry Tom.. say maybe we could loan you Kitna, since we already played you.

He knows how to mentor a young QB, i think.

Unlike you, I think Krenzel could carry the Bengals for a game...

Prediction on BEngals/ Jax Jax by a TD.. winner in a low-scoring game.

It's a battle of Defense not offense v defense

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I am still not convinced the Bears stink. The NFC is not a good conference and the NFC North specifically is brutal. A .500 team might win that. Therefore, I think the Bears can still right the ship and get it done. I have faith in Orton, I really do. While rookies will make mistakes, I do not think Orton lost that game yesterday. The Bears will rebound. You will see!

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

.500 will definitely win the NFC North, as things are going now. But look at who WON yesterday, albeit over the poor Ravens{just desserts}.

My guess: Lions at end of season over the erratic Packers...I think the Saints didnt prepare properly and the Packers played out their arses to avoid more humiliation for themselves and Favre.

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

No way the Lions win it! Harrington stinks and injuries will deplete that team. This division is just brutal. It is like the NL West this season in baseball. No one deserved to make the playoffs.

5. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

The Bears will win the North and win it by 2 games. The Lions are horrible,Hackers=Injuries,Vikings absolutley suck. Bears have the best defense by far in this division and have a good enough offense to get the job done. The Bears need to get the passing game going. Thomas Jones has been great so far now Orton and Co. need to step up their games. We might score 30 points sometimes but, the defense probably scored 21 of those 30 points. We cant keep relying on the defense to come up with a big play. The Bears have the players on offense to do well now its time for them to step up and show the NFL that the Bears can score points and be a team to fear in the playoffs.

6. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I do not think Orton has been that bad other than the Bengals game. I really think it comes down to the Coaching staff to open up the playbook a little bit for Orton. They have been extremely conservative in their playcalling. Most notably, this past week. I would like to see things open up a bit and see what Orton and the offense can do.

7. Jux

Jux New Member

I believe Kyle will have a pretty productive career in the NFL. I enjoyed watching him play in college and would like to see him do well. I also like what Chicago is doing right now. Sure there are still growing pains, but I appreciate when teams build for the future. They are fortunate that the NFC North is down this year. This should allow them to build up some confidence and make a run for the playoffs.