NFL Preseason

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Aug 14, 2006.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Redskins 3 - Bengals 19
    At last .. some real JOY for sport fans in South region of 'Ohia'. Besides the Reds real effort to win, that is.

Redskins - Bengals ALSO wiped away some of the dread from Cincy fans resulting from the team off-season arrest records.

Maybe my mind is clouded but I dont remember the Bengals EVER looking so ready for a season.. it might as well have been 3 or 4 games into the season.

What you had to look at - the game plan was simple for both teams but the Bengals really EXECUTED well.
    And the Backup QB's ALSO did well against rudimentary coverage.. Anthony Wright was a REALLY good pickup, he isnt going to be happy never getting on the field, though.

ALSO noteworthy: NBC Sunday nite made its debut.

Al Michaels with Madden in the booth. Costas, Collinsworth, Jerome Bettis (what a reception HE got in Cincy) and some other guy on the desk.

A good team and, sorry ESPN, THAT is the best combo going!

Sour notes:
    Too much is made of Palmer not in pads

Clinton Portis does what a gamer does and takes out a Bengal on an early 1st QTR INT return, but dislocates shoulder in the effort.

Then says:
    Hmmm ...whatta jerk! what does the length of preseason have to do with it? Maybe you should work on your tackling drill a little!

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Wake me up when the season starts.

3. TonyTX42

TonyTX42 New Member

I pretty much only check out the first quarter of preseason games and watch NFL Live for highlights. Preseason is probably a little too long, but only by about one game or so. The teams need time to evaluate players and the players need time to get used to regular-season speed. I think Clinton Portis needs to quit whining about how awful his life is and realize that, 20 games + playoffs per season (incl. preseason) keeps him well-stocked with bling, Italian race cars and Cristal. Poor baby. If he wants to trade lives, I'd gladly be first in line! :D

4. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

Cut the preseason to two games and extend the regular season to 18 games.

5. Theoldguy

Theoldguy New Member

But that would cost the owners dearly, as the players pay for the preseason games is peanuts compared to the regular season games. If the players would play for the same salary as they now get for 16 games, the owners would jump at the chance to play 18 regular season games, but the players and rightfully so, won't do it. So the preseason is going to stay at four games.

6. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

Well who runs the league the owners or the comisshioner, the owners have too much power in the NFL.

7. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

Preseason is only halfway done and Im bored, start the season already.