NFL Playoffs

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by dcheather, Jan 9, 2012.

1. MisterF

MisterF New Member

NFL Network is replaying Super Bowl XLII from 2008 right now. Still one of the best Super Bowls I've watched. Cant wait for the rematch!

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Ok, if the Patriots lose, I am very much going to lay the blame on my dad. Our neighbor own a t-shirt printing company and has a contract with the NFL to print the Patriots Superbowl Champion shirts. Of course, said neighbor gave my dad a Pats Champion shirt since he knows my dad is a big Pats fan. Don't you think it might be some bad karma to have a victory shirt before the game is played? Sigh. :snooty:

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

A simple answer to the question...YES!!!!!!!!! :scared-eek:

Everyone is picking the Giants (65% money in Vegas is on the G-Men), everything points to them so...The Pats will win :shock:
    I honestly think the QB that has the ball last will probably win it.

4. RDG

RDG Member

Oh, PLEEEEEEEEZ let the Pats win!

If the Giants win, I will not be able to get away from it until the Yankees (another hated team of mine) start taking over the sports stories. Oh, and I am sooooooo glad that Rex "The Mouth and Stomach" Ryan's Jets did not get into the playoffs. Hell, he's worse than anyone!

5. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Really excited for tomorrow despite not having a rooting interest in either team. Unlike the last time they met, I'm anticipating a bit of a shoot out with the way each QB is playing.

My prediction is 31-27 GIANTS

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Happy SuperBowl!! The chili verde (pork roast in green sauce) has been on low and slow for awhile already and going over to my brother-in-laws. Just rooting for a good game, some funny commercials (last few years have been so-so), and Madonna's performance to be open for mocking (I'll admit it if i'm wrong)

I'm going against the majority of people who like the Giants and will predict that the Pats pull it out 27-24

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

MMMM...chili verde. LOVE that stuff. I made some one time, turned out a bit too spicy for the rest of the family. But I loved it.

Yes, the hubby is looking forward to the commercials. And taking pot shots at a woman who most likely being wearing inappropriate attire and dancing a little too provocatively for a woman of her...umm...maturity. I will too, but I have to give props for staying in shape, gets harder and harder as we ladies age.

And I hope the Pats win.

I'm already putting a positive twist on my dad's superbowl champ shirt. If they win, he won't have to buy a shirt. Lose, and he'll have a novelty item. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

8. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

The Man U, Chelsea game was better. I can't believe Welker and Branch couldn't make the plays on the previous drive. They do, and the Pat win. Ugh. Giants are Pat killers.

9. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Look on the bright side, you dont have to wake up tomorrow as a Browns fan. :roll:

Both were great but I'll give the edge to ManU/Chelsea as well. Such an incredible comeback.

I dont know what it is when the Giants and Pats get together but glad we got to see another thriller. Eli is just clutch. Would have been so insane if Gronk was able snag that hail mary at the end though.

10. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Seemed like Gronk jumped a bit early and/or the injury prevented him from getting the usual ups. Either way, as a neutral, it was a good game.