NFL Playoff Predictions

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by SoCalJoe, Jan 9, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

eh... Tiki was just Tiki. If he wasnt, he'd be selling insurance somewhere..

But the wonks are right that the Giants are better off without him.

For the simple reason that Eli is now the leader of the team, if only by default. And everyone knows they have to put out some 'extra' since there's no 'go to guy' to depend on.

Shockey being injured helps too, to some extent.

By the way... I dont claim that view, I just agree with it, on reflection. Personally I dont care enoguh to have come up with it.

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Here's the point being made...

Unless the Pats win, they'll consider the season a failure. It's more important, for a SUCCESSFUL team, to win the Super Bowl than to have an otherwise unbeaten season.

But the Giants if they LOSE.. because they HAVENT been successful.. will still be considered to have had a successful season. If they get there again NEXT year, of course that will change.

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Give Belichick 2 weeks to prepare and ...No predicitions yet, still have a full week of bluster to go.

Have to hit on the Pats' astute organization and why they've been able to maintain their edge over the rest of the pack. As Don pointed out..trades. They got Welker (led the NFL in catches) and Moss (led the NFL in TDs) for a 2nd and 4th round pick. They have players starting w/the QB who've taken cap friendly salaries. On top of that they will pull the plug on veterans (McGinest, Vinateri) sooner rather than later and thus not screw up their cap. Finally they find great players w/a specific profile in later rounds of the draft.

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Okay people, time to get your predictions in (or even feel free to rant against what the Superbowl has become). All criticism aside this game is definitely one for the history books. What the Pats are trying to accomplish hasn't been done for 36 years and it will probably be another 36 before it might happen again. While I think the 1985 Bears and the Joe Montana led 49ers (the year they put up 55 on Denver) were better teams, the Pats can lay claim to the greatest season of all time.

The Pats previous SB wins have all been by 3 points (and to think they were close to being this decades' Buffalo Bills). I think the Giants will keep it close for most of the game. When Roosevelt Colvin went down NE's D took a big hit, but they have a knack for holding teams to field goals (and NY's kicker has been shaky all year), I think they'll confuse Eli into his first interception(s) of the playoffs. Final NE 31 NY 20

5. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Totally agree Hatter. The Patriots are a great organization and I credit Kraft with that - because he is a good owner and had the wisdom to hire Bellichek (who would've known after Bellichek's last season with the Browns). I was a devoted fan of the LA Dodgers as a kid for the same reason. They were a great organization because of the O'Malleys. Kraft is doing a similar thing in NE with the Patriots and the Revs. My brother-in-law played for the Patriots shortly after Kraft bougt them and he (and me and my hubby) can attest to how decent he is as an owner.

One time we were thrown out of a Patriots game for a fight. Kraft called us at home and apologized and arranged seats in the Press Box for the next game. And while that all sounds great, the more important thing was the decent way that they handled the whole situation.

I'm cheering for the Patriots and an organization that can still manage to do things the right way.

6. VonBilly

VonBilly New Member

PATRIOTS 27 GIANTS 10
    need i say more :wink:

7. dave2d2

dave2d2 New Member

Patriots cheated their first game. Let's not make them out to be the organization that does things "the right way". I am A NY Jet fan but I hope the giants win. Honestly, I am more excited to see the cottagers play live tomorrow morning on fsc then I am about the super bowl, the game that never lives up to expectations. People and the media make it out to be the best thing in the universe. American football is not that great, accept it, no one else plays it except canada and their rules are different. Go cottagers.

8. SamStej

SamStej New Member

I like the Pats 31-20.
    What does everyone make of the report that NE taped the Rams final walk through before the 2002 Superbowl?

9. dave2d2

dave2d2 New Member

I said it before in my post above, they are cheaters. I hope they lose.

10. jmh

jmh New Member

GIANTS! :D

Sorry VonBilly, but you've seen your boys win a few recently.

11. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

Stick to the pictures Billy...

and were say No More????? :wink:

12. VonBilly

VonBilly New Member

.. :cry: :cry: :cry: ....... :cry: :cry: :cry: .......... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:...... :cry: :cry: :cry:
    :cry: .................... :cry:......... :cry:....... :cry:.......... :cry:..... :cry:....... :cry:
    :cry: .................... :cry: ..... :cry:.......... :cry:.......... :cry:..... :cry:...... :cry:
    :cry: .................... :cry: . :cry:.............. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:...... :cry:.. :cry:
    :cry: .................... :cry: ..... :cry: ......... :cry:...........:cry:..... :cry:
    :cry: .................... :cry: ....... :cry: ....... :cry:.......... :cry:..... :cry:
    .. :cry: :cry: :cry:........ :cry:.......... :cry:...... :cry:.......... :cry: .... :cry:

well they deserved it

13. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Wow, VonBilly! How much time did that take you to format!?!?
    :D